🔧 BUILD GTPpower's 05 F-350 6.0 PSD

General Information

I need a way to help me keep track of everything I'm doing to this thing.

1688935651524.png

I bought it from a dealer on 02/01/17. It needed an oil cooler and possibly a headgasket. I farm and own a construction business, so reliability is a main concern. I took it to a diesel shop a few weeks later to get the following done.

-Headstuds
-4" Turboback Exhaust
-Edge CTS2 Pro with Gearhead Custom tuning
-Edge EGT Probe
-Mishimoto Coolant Filter
-Valvecover Gaskets
-Rear Main Seal
-Updated Oil Cooler
-Rear Cover Gasket
-Updated Turbo Feed Line
-Rocker Box Gasket
-Injector O-ring kit
-Heater Tube O-ring
-Motorcraft Crank Sensor
-Passanger and Driver Glow Plug Harnesses
-Hpop Gasket Kit
-Updated Turbo Oil Drain
-Standpipe & Dummy Plug Kit
-Blue Spring Kit
-6.4 Pushrods
-6.4 Lifters
-Cam position sensor
-Racor Oil and Fuel Filters
-5w-40 Synthetic Oil
-CAT Extended Life Coolant

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
186,685 miles. Changed oil, fuel filters, and greased the front end. It didn't want to build fuel pressure when I started the air purge procedure. I probably cycled the key 12 times, before I pulled the upper filter back out. It blew some air out of that, then filled up. No problems after that. I've never had to do that before though.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Sometimes I have to remove lower fuel filter cause it didn't catch on pump just right. You may experience a drain back issue over night. If so take lower out and reinsert it.

Are you snapping the fuel filter into cap, then spinning it into lower housing/pump?

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
Holy shit it's cold here.

IMG_20210209_075725314.jpg

I started to gel up this morning, so I bought a bottle of this, set it on the passenger seat, and it evidently scared my injectors enough to ungel.

IMG_20210209_093438286.jpg

But, I have coolant leaking from somewhere. I thought it was the water pump, but I'm not sure now. There is a little sitting on the Degas bottle, so hopefully I didn't pop a head gasket.

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
It's rough this morning.

IMG_20210215_075803798.jpg

When I started it up, it was showing no oil pressure on the gauge and the dash was flashing a low oil pressure message. It took maybe 30 seconds before it actually built pressure. Not sure if that was a sensor problem? I didn't think it would run that long if it didn't actually have oil pressure.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
It's rough this morning.

View attachment 81347

When I started it up, it was showing no oil pressure on the gauge and the dash was flashing a low oil pressure message. It took maybe 30 seconds before it actually built pressure. Not sure if that was a sensor problem? I didn't think it would run that long if it didn't actually have oil pressure.
Yea they will run with no oil pressure for a bit. They switch shows 0 on the gauge when there could be as little as 4 psi of oil psi.

Look at your sender. I bet it wet with oil..

SW5267 is the switch part # if its blow out.

Reactions: GTPpower

Thread Info