🔧 BUILD GTPpower's 05 F-350 6.0 PSD

General Information

I need a way to help me keep track of everything I'm doing to this thing.

1688935651524.png

I bought it from a dealer on 02/01/17. It needed an oil cooler and possibly a headgasket. I farm and own a construction business, so reliability is a main concern. I took it to a diesel shop a few weeks later to get the following done.

-Headstuds
-4" Turboback Exhaust
-Edge CTS2 Pro with Gearhead Custom tuning
-Edge EGT Probe
-Mishimoto Coolant Filter
-Valvecover Gaskets
-Rear Main Seal
-Updated Oil Cooler
-Rear Cover Gasket
-Updated Turbo Feed Line
-Rocker Box Gasket
-Injector O-ring kit
-Heater Tube O-ring
-Motorcraft Crank Sensor
-Passanger and Driver Glow Plug Harnesses
-Hpop Gasket Kit
-Updated Turbo Oil Drain
-Standpipe & Dummy Plug Kit
-Blue Spring Kit
-6.4 Pushrods
-6.4 Lifters
-Cam position sensor
-Racor Oil and Fuel Filters
-5w-40 Synthetic Oil
-CAT Extended Life Coolant

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
I will keep an eye on it. I've been trying to remember to power on the monitor before starting it, but that doesn't always happen.

I'm going to get the ipr external oil cooler. I'm also going to switch to their coolant filter. I was going to backflush it, but decided not to. I just don't want to have to go through this every year. I'd just rather pay a bunch once to fix it and never have to worry again.

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
I haven't cut any of them open, but I dump them out in a bowl. There is always black particles that comes out. Maybe casting sand or some sort of rust. Ive been changing the coolant filter about every oil change since I've had it, and I don't think the amount of junk that pours out of the filter has decreased any measurable amount. I've put about 60k miles on it, so that's maybe 10 filter changes.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Either way if I had your current issues, I'd leave all the parts on engine, pull both block drains, vacuum fill with distilled water and VC9 cleaner. Run the engine for 2 hours at 1700 rpm with a cold front(cardboard). Drain everything. Flush heater core, blow it out with air. Refill distilled again and flush until it all drains clean, pull tstat if you want to for increase flow.

Then change the hoses(if they have caked innerds) radiator, oil cooler.

Thread Info