🔧 BUILD GTPpower's 05 F-350 6.0 PSD

General Information

I need a way to help me keep track of everything I'm doing to this thing.

1688935651524.png

I bought it from a dealer on 02/01/17. It needed an oil cooler and possibly a headgasket. I farm and own a construction business, so reliability is a main concern. I took it to a diesel shop a few weeks later to get the following done.

-Headstuds
-4" Turboback Exhaust
-Edge CTS2 Pro with Gearhead Custom tuning
-Edge EGT Probe
-Mishimoto Coolant Filter
-Valvecover Gaskets
-Rear Main Seal
-Updated Oil Cooler
-Rear Cover Gasket
-Updated Turbo Feed Line
-Rocker Box Gasket
-Injector O-ring kit
-Heater Tube O-ring
-Motorcraft Crank Sensor
-Passanger and Driver Glow Plug Harnesses
-Hpop Gasket Kit
-Updated Turbo Oil Drain
-Standpipe & Dummy Plug Kit
-Blue Spring Kit
-6.4 Pushrods
-6.4 Lifters
-Cam position sensor
-Racor Oil and Fuel Filters
-5w-40 Synthetic Oil
-CAT Extended Life Coolant

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
145,000. Oil and filter change.

I also changed to this winter fuel additive when it got cold. Lubricity isn't quite as high, but gelling is protected down to -20 on the normal dose, and -50 on the double dose. I'll switch back to the regular optilube when spring rolls around.

My old mirrors were pretty crappy and sucked for towing.

My wife bought me new ones for Christmas in the 08+ style. They aren't quite Ford quality, but they were much cheaper and way better than what I had.

[MENTION=7923]CTC DEEZUL[/MENTION] made me spend more money. I wanted to add a fuel pressure sensor, so I had to get a new egt sensor with the expandable eas system.

I added two ports, so I have one extra for the next thing I'm told I need to monitor.

The virgin test port

Got my harness done with the amazon pressure sensor.

New fitting in the pressure test port.

Got it all installed. I'll probably have to get a 45° fitting to move the sensor. The wiring harness is really tight against the radiator hose, so that's probably not good.

But, I've been watching fuel pressure now for two days. This video is at the first startup with the sensor. I was surprised that fuel pressure drops to zero once the pump shuts off. Then, I did a wot pass today. You can see pressure drops in the upper rpms.

https://youtu.be/PCk5VI75DT4

I was about an hour away from home a little while ago. Ingoosed the throttle a little bit, and it felt weird. Looked at the monitor, and fuel pressure was 0.0. I just accelerated normally and FP stayed between 3-6 psi for about a mile. I was thinking something wasnt reading correctly. Then I slowed down to make a turn and it came back up to 55-60 and stayed there for the rest of my trip home.

So, I'm assuming I need a pump, right?

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
Bought a new pump, but haven't put it in yet. I almost always have 55-60 psi. I noticed the last couple days, pressure drops to 10-20 psi, but it always comes back to 60 psi. How likely is it that there is blockage in the tank?

Should I throw some 911 in the tank just in case it's gelling?

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
Found a 45° fitting at advanced auto...grease gun parts I guess.

Pulled off the cac tube which made access much easier.

The retaining clip on my ebay sensor pigtail broke, so now it's held on with zipties.

I also replaced the fuel pump. 146k miles.

Old pump on top.

I have no idea if this solved my fuel issue. So far so good, but I need to load a hot tune and see if fuel pressure drops.

Thread Info