GTP gone and Bought a Cop car

01BlkGTGP

Regular
Oct 1, 2008
chicago
i fully demoded the GTP and got rid of it and with the little cash i had left i picked up a 96 crown vic cop car that was an old village car in some suburb and the guy i bought it off of only drove it for 3months and it has 87k on it. he was asking 1200 because he dumped money into a a new radiator and thermostat but the body has only one dent NO RUST! but it has sun damage and i got him down to 900 and he left the HIDs in it. il post up pics after i get it painted and tinted up but once its done i know i could flip it for a good 2800 atleast:fy:

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
sounds lame to be honest. Having a "cop car" was cool in high school. They're dog slow, look ugly, atrocious mileage, and draw unwanted attention from the real guys

Nothing wrong with a CV. Nice little starting platform for a cheap street rod. Plus it's body on frame so it'll last damn near forever. Theres a reason that all those taxi's are running around with 400K+ miles on original drivetrain. Plus find a used terminator motor, or a Mark VIII motor, TC, and a Trac-Loc and gears, and get ready for a little fun. Hell find a CV like this one, for $1K, spend another $1k, on paint and general body repairs. Pick up a mark VIII motor for 1200 or so, another $1K for miscellaneous parts...4,200 for basically a marauder, plus the police issue CV's don't have the stupid air shocks or anything, so that's one less thing to do, plus heavier duty stuff all around.

01BlkGTGP

Regular
Oct 1, 2008
chicago
You got the right idea...but I buy and sell as a hobby and once I get to a newer paid off car I'll start over again with a beater and worok my way up to a newer car again

Nothing wrong with a CV. Nice little starting platform for a cheap street rod. Plus it's body on frame so it'll last damn near forever. Theres a reason that all those taxi's are running around with 400K+ miles on original drivetrain. Plus find a used terminator motor, or a Mark VIII motor, TC, and a Trac-Loc and gears, and get ready for a little fun. Hell find a CV like this one, for $1K, spend another $1k, on paint and general body repairs. Pick up a mark VIII motor for 1200 or so, another $1K for miscellaneous parts...4,200 for basically a marauder, plus the police issue CV's don't have the stupid air shocks or anything, so that's one less thing to do, plus heavier duty stuff all around.

hellraiser319

Hellraising since 1986
May 17, 2010
West Bend, WI
Panthers FTW :hsughwiggle: Body on frame is the bigger reason why I bought mine, makes it more replaceable being in the salt belt, and less $$ spent on keeping it from flexing. 5.4L's from the f-150's practically drop in with slight fabrication and a quick tune, yada yada...

for now, clean/tune it up, J-mod the trans, and have a little fun with it. Congrats on the Panther, even if temporary

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
You got the right idea...but I buy and sell as a hobby and once I get to a newer paid off car I'll start over again with a beater and worok my way up to a newer car again

I did this is as a hobby... And it sucks, and isn't worth the trouble.

You will not be able to sell a 97 P71 for over $1500 unless it is ABSOLUTELY cherry, and even then, $2000 is extremely optimistic. Just being honest, those are the type of cars I bought and sold, You can find 00+ P71's for under 2k in decent shape with under 150K on them (Not super common, but not exactly 'rare' by any means)

Tax/title/transfer is what, $143, so you are already $1150 into the car, If you paint it yourself and have the skill to make it look good, it will cost you $300 at the minimum in paints/detail nick-nacks etc. if you have MAACO do it, it will be $500-600 at the minimum, and this is for a 13 year old police car.

HONESTLY, AND TRUTHFULLY, spend your time and energy into finding a good job, and you will realize it is alot less stressful than trying to deal with flipping cars.

Again, been there, done that. The only time I 'flip' cars now is if I get them IMPOSSIBLY cheap. I'd stick with the crown vic as a DD, and save your money since it should be dead reliable if it was maintained.

I don't mean to 'rain on your parade' but Just be aware as many have said "A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it"

machausta

Slow VW driver
Sep 18, 2009
Eastern Tennessee
You can get a j-modded valve body as a whole from http://bc-automotive.com

http://dirtydogperformance.com was selling the pre-drilled seperator plates for a good number of years, but I think they got too expensive.

I'd grab some PI cams and install them, no need to swap heads or anything. I'd also buy a traction-lok pumpkin with some 3.73s at least so that thing will get out of its own shadow.

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
sounds lame to be honest. Having a "cop car" was cool in high school. They're dog slow, look ugly, atrocious mileage, and draw unwanted attention from the real guys

not true - i had one for rental down in texas a few months ago - ran 15.7 in the 1/4...it aint no TBSS but not a ford fiesta either...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info