GTO owners...headlight question.

hellraiser319

Hellraising since 1986
Reaction score
So, I took my dad's 04 out for a spin tonight, I didn't want to start it, not let it warm up and move it 2 feet... and my little trip reminded me of the headlights. I'm sure you all know well enough, high beams are flipping awesome. Low beams. Yeah. Front bumper lined up with a stripe on the road, you have light to the end of the stripe in front of the car and that is it. I know the projectors are probably to blame, but does anyone have any suggestions to get some better low beam coverage? Do they make anything aftermarket that works out better?

It's just a little ridiculous, hell my dad even said, he was driving with the highs on, clicked the lows for a car coming toward him, and the moment he put the highs back on after the car passed, there was a deer he managed to swerve around that he couldn't see with the lows... :noes:

So, any ideas? Or a live with it, that's how it is?

bikrboy128

Some say.....
Reaction score
ive got an HID kit on mine and i have no visibility problems with the low beams.

OP
H

hellraiser319

Hellraising since 1986
Reaction score
I was thinking maybe HID's for Christmas or something, as long as that drop out was fixed. He tried adjusting them up even and doesn't help... Perhaps we'll give that a shot.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
Reaction score
When I first got the car, I went back to the dealer and they adjusted them up for me so I could see where the hell I was going. Now there isn't much adjustment but a little bit.

Or get HIDs

bikrboy128

Some say.....
Reaction score
i never needed to get them adjusted up with HIDs. a set of 5000k will cure it.

Shibby50

Reaction score
First thing I had Mr.gto and my cousin Kommisar do when they got their gto's was a 8k kit from VVME. cost about 100 shipped for fogs and regular beams and made a world of diff. The stock lights just suck in general. But like you said high beams = holy crap

bikrboy128

Some say.....
Reaction score
the highbeams are rediculous. :rofl: the best by far of any car i've owned or driven at night.

OP
H

hellraiser319

Hellraising since 1986
Reaction score
Well, the way I figure it, with the Aussies, most of their driving is in the middle of nowhere, as per the typical movie stereotype, hence the bright ass lights (I can't imagine 55w 5-6k high beam HID's). When in towns/cities, don't need a lot of light because of street lights... lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom