• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

grinding/rattling under hood

2000GTPK

Reaction score
i have a 2000 GTP when i have the AC, OFF theres a loud grinding noise MOST OF THE TIME. it sounds like its coming from under the snout on the SC. when i turn the AC ON the sound ALWAYS goes away. i cant figure out what it would be. someone said it might be the AC cluthc bearing.

if i buy an AC delete pulley system do you think id be ok or do you think its a different pulley, bearing or problem

Toasty

Reaction score
i have a 2000 GTP when i have the AC, OFF theres a loud grinding noise MOST OF THE TIME. it sounds like its coming from under the snout on the SC. when i turn the AC ON the sound ALWAYS goes away. i cant figure out what it would be. someone said it might be the AC cluthc bearing.

if i buy an AC delete pulley system do you think id be ok or do you think its a different pulley, bearing or problem
[/b]
since nobody replied to you already, your a/c clutch bearing is shot... if it hasnt already, it will eventually sieze on you and burn/break your serpentine belt.

hit up ed morad (gtped at msn dot com) for a good used one

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom