• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Grinding in 2nd gear.

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005
MGT2002 said:
buy a used 03 t56, can get everything you need for cheaper than just the TKO itself, then just kick the gear up to a 3.55 if you want to make up for the slight performance you'll loose

hardly....buying an 03 trans and all you need is still pretty expensive...not to mention you need a much larger gear that just going from a 3.27-3.55.... thats y i went with my modified tko

and mike one thing to always remember t45=teh suck

rjelarsen

95 Cobra - all stock
Nov 21, 2006
VenomInside said:
Is this a common problem with the 96's? I heard that the synchro's go bad fast. The 1-2 "grind" shift sucks.

Also, what do you guys think of a repairing the trans or should i just get a better one. Say a TKO 600

Mike,

2nd is usually the first that goes for obvious reasons. I replaced the trans in my 95 last October. I went with a new TKO 500. The 500 is a nice set-up based on my plans for the car, but these things are pretty noisy. When I say noisy, a stong rattle coming from under the shifter at idle and in 5th gear at highway speed. :mad:

Drives me crazy. I've had it looked at by the install mechanic as well as several other people and have also talked to Tremic. Operation Normal- :dunno:

I've checked on other forum's and found the same complaint. Not sure on the 600, but definitely get some feedback on this. Just an FYI.

Rob

B

blk96svt

I also went with a Tko 500 because my synchro went bad in my 2nd gear on the t45. I wouldnt even waste my time or money having that tranny rebuilt. Ive had the tko for about two years and it has taken a lot of abuse at the track. It is a bit noisey in 5th gear on the highway like the guy said above but its normal. The only complaint i have with this tranny is that my reverse grinds sometimes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info