3800 grand prix hid retrofits

hello i do retrofits only for grand prix 1997-2003
halla at me. and stop driving in the dark :)
here are some pic. email me at [email protected]

realone.jpg
[/IMG]
realone2.jpg
[/IMG]
der1.jpg
[/IMG]
B)

Originally posted by Mike K@Dec 10 2005, 11:01 PM
What's the difference between this and the basic 9007 HIDs I have in my car now?
[snapback]106754[/snapback]​

9007 hid kits are junk.

So the million dollar question is now: Why do BMW & Audi lights appear blue when they use a white bulb?

Well, this coloration is the result of the light projectors; the lenses: it's transparency, it's curvature, the tiny grooves etched into it; the projector assembly, the shield, and the reflector bowl. All these components work together to produce a signature of light unique to that particular optic's design. On the Audi and BMW projectors, the lens curvature at the edge bends the white light producing a "prism effect". White light is broken down to it's fundemental colors. Since blue lights is high energy, it is absorbed last and thus travels farther. So with this prism effect, you'll notice that BMW HIDs are only purple and blue from the sides, the top, and the bottom edges, but are always daylight white on the road and in the beam pattern. This phenomenon can be demonstrated when you watch an oncoming BMW hit a pot hole or speed bump in the road and the car's nose pitches up and down. The headlights will flicker and "throw colors off", but returns to a solid white beam pattern directly on the road.

and i put projectors into your grand prix headlights. without it you have nothing ;)

Originally posted by 98GTPquickRB@Dec 11 2005, 02:33 AM
$200 plus parts....

parts cost ???
[snapback]106771[/snapback]​

well the best price i can give you is $565 total
that includes 2bosch bi ece projectors 2 hella ballast
and 2 phillips bulbs and labor. and i will make you a harness
for your car for free. :) so it is plug and play.

note: there are other projectors you could choose from
but they cost more$ i just gave you the best overall price B)

the projectors in the grand prix you see are tsx. that setup would
cost you about $665 but it is well worth it. but you won't have high beams.

with the bosch you will have high and low beams :)

I

imported_silverbullet

$565 that's a lot of money some people even make that kind of money a week. if i have $565 right now i rather buy headers or cam and pay someone to install it. it's a nice set up you have but i think if you lower your labor price maybe more members might be interest. like mike said his 9007 white light is brighter than most new car so is mine. i'm just giving my opinion so don't get piss off!

Originally posted by Mike K@Dec 11 2005, 02:42 AM
9007 hid kits are junk.
Can you do a little better than that? My "junk" lights outshine most of the newer cars I come up on and have a very wide beam.

I'm just trying to figure out what the benefit of a projector is when compared to a properly working 9007 kit.
[snapback]106773[/snapback]​
Trying to emulate this color-flickering effect with a solid-state blue or purple bulb is only detrimental to lighting performance, it doesn't fool anyone, but most importantly it endangers other motorists around you. Blue light has what we call a very high diffuse density, which causes it to radiate outwards as opposed to forwards. What results is a wide glow of light outside the beam pattern that is blinding to motorists you share the road with. A blue HID bulb will produce color bleed around the headlight, around the objects it lights up, outside of the beam pattern, and around the cut off line. This is effect is known as "glare", and these illegal and improperly installed HID kits are the reason why HIDs get a bad wrap. As common evidence of glare, observe a traffic light at night in a dimly lit area. There is red light and green light. Red is opposite blue and green is next to blue, thus we can substitute green for blue. If you observe the aura, or glow, of light around a red light and compare it to that of a green light, you'll notice that the green light produces much more glare than red. Blue is even worse. Purple, the worst.

As far as color selection goes, there are two main color temperatures out there: ~4100 kelvin, which is OEM color, and ~6000 kelvin, which is aftermarket color. By the way, the term 'color temperature' does not have any correlation with the property of 'thermal temperature'. I personally do not see any reason for buying anything other than 4100K OEM, but that's me. Some people like blue light and are willing to pay extra money for extra blueness and less brightness---and thus the 6000K market. I'm sure the reason isn't because people like to see everything on the road in bluescale, but because they want their headlights to appear blue to onlookers. The proper way to achieve more blue/violet in your HIDs is to do an OEM projector HID B)

Originally posted by rion02gtp@Dec 11 2005, 03:48 AM
$565 that's a lot of money some people even make that kind of money a week. if i have $565 right now i rather buy headers or cam and pay someone to install it. it's a nice set up you have but i think if you lower your labor price maybe more members might be interest. like mike said his 9007 white light is brighter than most new car so is mine. i'm just giving my opinion so don't get piss off!
[snapback]106780[/snapback]​

ok i tell you what i wil lower my labor cost to $125
thus making the total price $490

only for the first 5 people B)

DaytonaPrixMI

Regular
Dec 3, 2008
Well I have a 9007 conversion kit and it works great, now what I would liek to know is how much for the projector headlights that will work with my conversion kit. And whats different from your kit compared to the conversion I bought? I got a plug and play set up as well, and how do you fix the problem with the fact there isn't enough power through the factory harness to just plug and play because the lights don't always start up.

Originally posted by DaytonaPrixMI@Dec 12 2005, 10:47 PM
Well I have a 9007 conversion kit and it works great, now what I would liek to know is how much for the projector headlights that will work with my conversion kit. And whats different from your kit compared to the conversion I bought? I got a plug and play set up as well, and how do you fix the problem with the fact there isn't enough power through the factory harness to just plug and play because the lights don't always start up.
[snapback]107071[/snapback]​

what is the brand name on your kit?
all bmw benz lambo and high line cars use only phillips 4300k setup
and projectors.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I just rev the car up before letting go of the E-brake. :lol: :ph34r:

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
ya know..

I have a question...how did you find us? The sites been around a long time, and if you're a pro at the GP conversion kits...Im assuming you've been around a while..

Just find it odd when a member joins and on day one is offering kits to the community for a pretty penny, when so far...we have no one to vouch for you.

Not trying to be a bad sport...but some people will have a hard time dropping 600 bucks to someone they dont know, or how you're work is...

Originally posted by DaytonaPrixMI@Dec 13 2005, 06:14 PM
My Kit is a redressed Phillips Kit. And what is this labor stuff? I just  want the price for the headlight itself?
[snapback]107208[/snapback]​

Sorry but what do you mean? The headlight itself. I'm supposed to take you headlights and mount projectors into them. i have to open your headlights,
fabricate it and make sure it's aligned right and then i reseal them only with
Butyl Rubberized Caulking. it is what OEM manufacturers use to seal front glass and headlamps. i can't use silicone, because silicone sealants are of the corrosive type. then i have to seal them up, and run the headlights threw a water and heat test to make sure there is no condensation. then i aim them to the right height and then i send them back to you. and then you laugh at the people who just have kits, and no optics. "projectors" :)

Originally posted by dole21@Dec 13 2005, 08:25 PM
ya know..

I have a question...how did you find us? The sites been around a long time, and if you're a pro at the GP conversion kits...Im assuming you've been around a while..

Just find it odd when a member joins and on day one is offering kits to the community for a pretty penny, when so far...we have no one to vouch for you.

Not trying to be a bad sport...but some people will have a hard time dropping 600 bucks to someone they dont know, or how you're work is...
[snapback]107220[/snapback]​

Well, it is like this. I have done 8 retrofit jobs so far including my own. so that makes 9, and I'm doing another local right now as we speak. But all my jobs have been local. and some asked me if I get customers online. And I told them no. so I'm just trying to expand my business farther now.
So that is why I just popped up. B)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info