• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Grand Prix Brake Lines

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
So the hard lines finally gave out on my brothers 1998 grand prix today, had been meaning to replace them soon anyways.

Based on the information I have found on the net I have determined lines are 3/16ths.

My question really is if I will need a DOUBLE flaring tool or a BUBBLE flaring tool? I'm going to replace the rear lines all the way up to the abs module and I'm just going to buy the big roll of line and flare them myself re-using the old fittings off the oem lines. So are the OEM lines double or bubble flares?

Thanks much

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
They are bubble flare. You can do what James had said but you can also but adapters from Napa that are metric bubble on one end and 1/4in double flare on the other. It mkaes it look a bit messy IMO but it does the job just fine. Also if you're making any connections be just to find steel fittings and not brass one. They cost a little bit more but a worth it

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
Finished this up today, ended up just doing all new hard lines to all four wheels since they all were severly corroded, wasn't that bad of a job just very time consuming.

Although now I'm looking at all these nasty fuel lines that don't look like they're very far behind especially back by that drivers rear wheel. Anyone got any tips on those? I know they're 3/8 and 5/16 lines.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Small world. I went to take my fuel filter off today and the flare nut is completely fucked. Seized to the line, threads are in bad shape, etc. think I'm going to cut that section out tomorrow and fix it with new line and a flare union.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Yea the fuel lines are basically the same as the brakes. But the fittingd are different. You can get a small peice of line with the fitting already on it from most parts stores. You cannot make the fitting because it uses an oring to seal. Just buy the adapter and flare to that

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info