Gaming Gran Turismo 7

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Still going through all the details, but this seems like a pretty significant update

Main Features Implemented​

1. Cars
 - The following three new cars have been added:
  ・Roadster Shop Rampage (Purchasable at Brand Central;)
  ・Toyota GR010 HYBRID ‘21 (Purchasable at Brand Central;)
  ・SUZUKI Vision Gran Turismo (Purchasable at Brand Central.)

2. Café
 - It is now possible to receive ‘Birthday Present Tickets.’ Those tickets can be received from Sarah in the Café, and can be claimed a week before or after the date of birth registered on the player’s account for PlayStation™Network;
 - The following three new Menu Books have been added:
  ・Menu Book No. 40: Enter the 'Lightweight K-Cup'
  ・Menu Book No. 41: Enter the 'Vision Gran Turismo Trophy'
  ・Menu Book No. 42: Enter the 'Gr.1 Prototype Series'

The new Menu Books No. 40 and 41 will appear after clearing Menu Book No. 39 ('Championship: World GT Series') and having watched the ending, with a player’s Collector Level of at least 20. Menu Book No. 42 will appear when the above conditions are met and the player's Collector Level is at least 30;
 - Added 55 sets of new conversations with the Characters appearing in the Café.

3. World Circuits
 - The following new events have been added to 'World Circuits':
  ・Lightweight K-Cup
   - Tokyo Expressway - South Clockwise
   - Autodrome Lago Maggiore - West End Reverse
   - Willow Springs International Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs
  ・Vision Gran Turismo Trophy
   - Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa
   - Deep Forest Raceway Reverse
   - Autódromo de Interlagos
  ・Gr. 1 Prototype Series
   - Circuit de Sainte-Croix - C
   - Suzuka Circuit
   - Daytona Road Course

In order to play these new events, it is necessary to unlock and accept Menu Books No. 40, 41, and 42 in the Café.
 - Adjusted the rewards for Arcade Races and Custom Races;
 - Added the 'Race Settings' option to the Quick Menu of Custom Races.

4. Showcase
 - It is now possible to export photos taken in Scapes or Race Photo mode to the 'Media Gallery' of the PlayStation®5 console and the 'Capture Gallery' of PlayStation®4 system. The resolution of the exported images are individually adjusted on the PS5™ and PS4™, and can be shared to various Social Media platforms or transferred to a USB drive, with a resolution of 3840×2160 pixels on PlayStation®5 and PlayStation®4 Pro console, and 1920×1080 pixels on PlayStation®4 system. The export function is only available from [Showcase] > [My Items] menu. In addition, photos set to ‘Open to All’ from 'My Items' within Showcase and displayed in the 'Gallery' within My Page can be downloaded at their original resolution from the 'My Page' area of the official website's GT7 section.
 - Added a 'Like/Comment' button to the Quick Menu of shared replay content. Pressing this button will open the Details screen of the content.

5. Scapes
 - The 'New Orleans' location has been added to the featured section of Scapes;
 - Three spots have been added to the existing ‘After the Rain’ featured section.

6. GT Auto
 - The following seven new paint colours have been added:
  ・BAC Titanium Metallic
  ・Jaguar Salsa
  ・Nissan Storm White
  ・Subaru BRZ GT300 Blue
  ・Suzuki Cordoba Red
  ・Suzuki Flame Orange
  ・Suzuki Satellite Silver Metallic

7. Garage
 - It is now possible to use the up/down directional buttons, in addition to the right stick, to scroll through the car description text from the [Car Collection].

8. Auto Demo
 - A new spot has been added to the slideshow of Scapes;
 - When a Scapes slideshow is played during the auto demo, it is possible now to go directly to the [Scapes] photo spot by pressing the △ button. (This will become available only after the [Scapes] Pavilion is unlocked and the Tutorial has been completed.)

9. Sport
 - [Online Time Trial] has been added to Sport;
 - New information have been added to the event details screen, and other information have been edited.

10. Multiplayer
 - An ‘Equal Condition Mode’ option has been added to to the 'Time / Weather Settings.' When this option is turned 'On', the 'Variable Time Speed Rate' setting will not be available.

11. Race Screen
 - A display has been added to the car name indicator to show the distance to the penalty line.

12. Rankings
 - The ‘Top 10 Stars’ ranking can now be displayed in the Licence Centre, Missions, and Circuit Experience Rankings.

13. My Page
 - An indicator showing the progress to the next Driver Rating has been added to the Profile.

Other Improvements and Adjustments​

1. Collector Level
 - A notification indicating when new 'Missions' have been unlocked after levelling up has been added to the Level Up sequence. The notifications for levelling up and unlocking more 'Tuning Shop' areas will now appear separately.

2. Legend Cars Dealership
 - In the Hagerty Collection, prices have been revised according to real world valuations under guidance from Hagerty. Hagerty is an American company that provides car insurance and valuation for classic cars, and has also sponsored many historic car events in recent years. The new prices will be applied from the next lineup update. The next pricing revision is planned for August 2022.

3. Car Settings
 - Fixed an issue wherein Performance Points were not being calculated correctly when changing gear ratios in the transmission settings;
 - Adjusted the calculation formula for the Transmission Settings.

4. Physics Simulation Model
 - Fixed the operation of the overtake system for the ‘SF19 Super Formula / Toyota '19' and 'SF19 Super Formula / Honda '19';
 - Fixed an issue wherein cars would drive unnaturally faster when tyres drove over some kerbstones;
 - Fixed an issue wherein auto-drive and automatic gear shifts would repeatedly shift up and down, causing the car to not accelerate when the gears were set to an extreme gear ratio.

5. Steering Controller
 - Fixed an issue wherein the game would crash if resuming from Rest Mode while using the Logitech G923 Racing Wheel;
 - Adjusted the force feedback strength of the THRUSTMASTER® T-GT / Fanatec® Podium / Fanatec® GT DD Pro. While using the steering wheels listed below, if the values of the ‘Force Feedback Max. Torque’ or ‘Force Feedback Sensitivity’ under [Controller Settings] > [Steering Force Feedback] options are set very high, the wheel may vibrate violently. If this happens, please set a lower value.

・Thrustmaster® T300
 ・Thrustmaster® T500
 ・Thrustmaster® T-GT
 ・Fanatec® CSL Elite Racing Wheel
 ・Fanatec® Podium
 ・Fanatec® GT DD Pro

6. Cars
 - Fixed an issue with the livery for the Ferrari 512 BB ’76 wherein the livery would become distorted near the fuel filler and engine cover;
 - Fixed the interior instrument meter graphics for the Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) '89;
 - Partially fixed the operation of the lights on the Volkswagen Scirocco R ’10;
 - Fixed the painted area while driving with the WORK Meister S1R wheels.

7. Sound
 - Fixed an issue wherein some music tracks that were selected in the 'Race BGM' playlist within 'Showcase' would not play back during an Arcade Race:
  ・Lenny Ibizarre - "Orpheus in the Underworld" Overture
  ・Lenny Ibizarre - Guillaume Tell (William Tell)
  ・Ouantic - Motivix Retrograde
  ・Rosalía - Bizcochito
  ・STR4TA - Aspects
 - Fixed an issue wherein Race BGM would not play back during a race event if a player entered a race with 'Race BGM' Playlist selected in 'Showcase' and the race event's music track was not selected.

8. Missions
 - The rankings for the following events have been reset:
  ・Moby Dick
   - Pit In or Stay Out 1
  ・The Human Comedy
   - Kyoto Driving Park One Hour
   - Deep Forest Raceway One Hour
   - Alsace One Hour

9. Circuit Experience
 - It has been confirmed that some records in the below events' rankings have been registered by using glitches and invalid manoeuvres, and as a result they have been individually deleted:
  ・Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow - Sector 1
  ・Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit - Sector 4

10. GT Auto
 - Changed the menu transition when leaving GT Auto.

11. Replays
 - Fixed an issue wherein the ‘Save Best Lap Replay’ button would disappear after using the ‘Save Replay’ function in the Time Trials of 'World Circuits', and the Online Time Trials or Qualifying Time Trials of the 'Sport' mode;
 - Fixed an issue wherein it was not possible to use the ‘Save Best Lap Replay’ function from the Quick Menu when the replay was uploaded to the rankings in the Online Time Trials or Qualifying Time Trials of the 'Sport' mode.

12. Race Screen
 - A transition animation has been added when changing the scale of the Weather Radar in the Multi Function Display using the up/down directional buttons;
 - Fixed an issue on the PlayStation®4 system wherein sometimes the lap time displayed turned red after pitting during a time endurance race;
 - During a Manufacturers Cup race, the manufacturer's logo is now displayed next to the driver's name appearing on the car name indicator.

13. Assist Settings
 - Adjusted the braking area for the ‘24 Heures du Mans Racing Circuit' on 'Full Course' and 'No Chicane' layouts.

14. Penalties
 - Adjusted the penalty judgement algorithm so that penalties will not be applied for minor contacts in 'Sport' mode and in 'Lobby.'

15. Trophies
 - The trophies acquired on the PlayStation®5 console and PlayStation®4 system will now sync correctly;
 - Updated the description for the Trophy 'Time Attacker' to more accurately reflect the unlocking requirements.

16. Others
 - Various other issues have been addressed.

Some things of note.

- The following three new Menu Books have been added:
  ・Menu Book No. 40: Enter the 'Lightweight K-Cup'
  ・Menu Book No. 41: Enter the 'Vision Gran Turismo Trophy'
  ・Menu Book No. 42: Enter the 'Gr.1 Prototype Series'

YAY! Mook Mook

- Added 55 sets of new conversations with the Characters appearing in the Café.

OH GOOD.

- [Online Time Trial] has been added to Sport;

tenor.gif

3. Car Settings
 - Fixed an issue wherein Performance Points were not being calculated correctly when changing gear ratios in the transmission settings;
 - Adjusted the calculation formula for the Transmission Settings.

0c2860bb2f9aea2000ae60eef1b0553c.gif

10. GT Auto
 - Changed the menu transition when leaving GT Auto.

FINALLY! :LOL:

11. Replays
 - Fixed an issue wherein the ‘Save Best Lap Replay’ button would disappear after using the ‘Save Replay’ function in the Time Trials of 'World Circuits', and the Online Time Trials or Qualifying Time Trials of the 'Sport' mode;
 - Fixed an issue wherein it was not possible to use the ‘Save Best Lap Replay’ function from the Quick Menu when the replay was uploaded to the rankings in the Online Time Trials or Qualifying Time Trials of the 'Sport' mode.

So I wasnt crazy. I KNEW there was a save best lap replay option at one point, but then it just disappeared one day

I still wanna know when we'll be able to sell cars. Still no new tracks/track layouts. The new cars......eh. Ok.

Now to scour GT Planet and see who's come up with a new workaround to the grind race :LOL:

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
NIce. I still havent booted the game up since the update, and especially since I read that Polyphony just flat out said, yeah we did reduce the force feedback on the thrustmaster TGT and fanatec gt7 DD wheels to "prevent injuries"

200.gif

I may have to give this game a break until they fix that. Cuz they have pissed off a LOT of people.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Reactions: Huggerorange73

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Jesus. finally decided to boot the game up today and see whats what w/ the force feedback on my wheel now. I loaded up the daytona circuit experience w/ the ford gt race car, because I remember that car having a particularly stiff and strong feel to the steering when I did that one. And now.......... I can LITERALLY steer the car around the track just placing my THUMBS on the face of the wheel. Not even hanging on to it at all. This. is. fucking. pathetic. And a slap in the face from Polyphony to anyone who's actually dropped some money to get a REAL DRIVING EXPERIENCE.

NO feel in the wheel at all. NO snapback to center when accelerating out of a curve. I may as well be using a $99 Hori wheel or something. They had BETTER fix this.

I did find some "adjusted" settings for the DD wheel to try and help get some of the feel back. So I'll give those a shot now and see if it makes any difference..........but so far.....unless the new settings make a huge difference I will be shelving this game until further updates bring this wheel back to way its SUPPOSED to perform. I did also hear that running the wheel in ps4 compatibility mode "unlocks" the force feedback because it doesnt get recognized as a dd pro wheel, but then you lose some other button functionalities.... so who knows. Got some experimenting to do.

• Wow
Reactions: FESTER665

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Well the new settings do help dramatically, but it only gets you about 80% there. STILL doesnt feel like it really should. But, putting the wheel into compatibility mode, which you would basically use for games that werent DEVELOPED for the fucking DD Pro wheel, you do get the FULL feedback like before. You do lose some button functionality, but you can still cycle thru the TCS/Fuel/Weather/etc screens w/ the main toggle switch on the wheel, so it shouldn't be a HUGE deal. I guess this is how im running the wheel from now on until they fucking fix this.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
well thats the kei car menu book done. Used the Cappuccino. Nitrous came in quite handy on the tokyo track w/ the long straights. actually got that car into 5th gear! :LOL:

That radical sr3 looks like fun. Gonna have to take that out for a spin
I couldn’t get the Cappuccino to do anything, needed to buy something else for it.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I couldn’t get the Cappuccino to do anything, needed to buy something else for it.
The race in Italy I could only get 2nd, but you only need to get 3rd or better to advance the menu book, but willow springs and tokyo I was able to get 1st w/ the cap. And I only used nitrous on tokyo, but I still probably couldve gotten first w/out it

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Jesus. finally decided to boot the game up today and see whats what w/ the force feedback on my wheel now. I loaded up the daytona circuit experience w/ the ford gt race car, because I remember that car having a particularly stiff and strong feel to the steering when I did that one. And now.......... I can LITERALLY steer the car around the track just placing my THUMBS on the face of the wheel. Not even hanging on to it at all. This. is. fucking. pathetic. And a slap in the face from Polyphony to anyone who's actually dropped some money to get a REAL DRIVING EXPERIENCE.

NO feel in the wheel at all. NO snapback to center when accelerating out of a curve. I may as well be using a $99 Hori wheel or something. They had BETTER fix this.

I did find some "adjusted" settings for the DD wheel to try and help get some of the feel back. So I'll give those a shot now and see if it makes any difference..........but so far.....unless the new settings make a huge difference I will be shelving this game until further updates bring this wheel back to way its SUPPOSED to perform. I did also hear that running the wheel in ps4 compatibility mode "unlocks" the force feedback because it doesnt get recognized as a dd pro wheel, but then you lose some other button functionalities.... so who knows. Got some experimenting to do.
Thats disappointing. When I buy a Force Feedback 'thing' I want it to basically be able to rip itself out of my hands.

I had a Logitech Wingman Force, not that "3D" crap thing they sold later. It had two RC car motors, one for each axis, on a pulley system with gear reduction. Made over 3lbs of force feedback in any direction. For a flight stick, that made flying insanely hard. There were missions in Freespace where you'd have to bomb capitol ships, but to get in range you'd have to fly through the Flak cannon field.

The force effects were so strong it made it impossible to hold your course. Without the feedback, it was a cake walk. With the feedback, the missions had a whole new level of difficulty. Every hit against your shield from an enemy fighter would throw the stick in a direction based on where you got hit. Really made it awesome. And bombers had heavy sticks that fought inertia the faster you went.

I still have the stick, but it only works in Windows 7 32bit now.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Thats disappointing. When I buy a Force Feedback 'thing' I want it to basically be able to rip itself out of my hands.

I had a Logitech Wingman Force, not that "3D" crap thing they sold later. It had two RC car motors, one for each axis, on a pulley system with gear reduction. Made over 3lbs of force feedback in any direction. For a flight stick, that made flying insanely hard. There were missions in Freespace where you'd have to bomb capitol ships, but to get in range you'd have to fly through the Flak cannon field.

The force effects were so strong it made it impossible to hold your course. Without the feedback, it was a cake walk. With the feedback, the missions had a whole new level of difficulty. Every hit against your shield from an enemy fighter would throw the stick in a direction based on where you got hit. Really made it awesome. And bombers had heavy sticks that fought inertia the faster you went.

I still have the stick, but it only works in Windows 7 32bit now.

I feel bad for the guys w/ the fanatec DD1 wheel bases. Those things put out 20nm of FFB compared to my 8nm in the DD Pro. But on the flip side, the guys using a DD1 wheel base probably arent exclusively using it for GT7. and if they are, they're idiots. Cuz thats WAY overkill :LOL:

At least theres a "workaround", for now. But its complete bullshit to begin with that its even an issue right now. Who the fuck threatened Polyphony w/ a lawsuit because they hurt their wittle thumbies when the wheel kicked back too hard?? Half the time and depending on the car I dont even drive w/ my thumbs locked into the wheel because i KNOW its possible I could go off and and that wheel could kick back and do some damage. Its called being aware of the equipment you're using.

Thread Info