Gaming Gran Turismo 7

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Rather than plug up the bored thread with what I do when I’m bored I’ll post liveries here.

Roadster Shop Rampage Hurst Camaro
Gold paint on the black one and everything else is decals (not as easy as I expected), the gold one was too easy. I tuned the Rampage to run Tokyo Expressway 600 out of boredom and it’s now my favorite car to run on that race.

And the Halloween GTR

IMG_4819.jpeg

IMG_4818.jpeg

IMG_4821.png

IMG_4804.jpeg

IMG_4803.jpeg

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
The spec 2 update is out. And having just watched the gran turismo movie last night, it gave me an itch to boot the game up for the first time in a while. did my usual warmup lap at the ring, and then spent the rest of my time trying to beat 1. fucking. race. Probably the same one that made me quit the game before :ROFLMAO: its the god damn GR1 race book. Was trying to do the 8 lap race at Saint Croix, and just kept fucking things up one way or another. when the AI wasn't pit maneuvering me I was making my own mistakes just fine. Last race before I finally quit I was doing fantastic. Was running in 2nd around lap 5 or so stopped in for a quick splash of fuel, didn't change my tires because I THOUGHT they would last to the end, I even came back out of the pits still in 2nd and thought everything was going my way. First place pulled in to pit a lap later and I was in first! And then, on the 2nd to last lap, my rear tires were DONE. Fell to 3rd on track trying to get back to the pits, fell down to 5th before I was out, and spent the last lap trying desperately to get on the podium. Passed 4th place, and I could see 3rd up ahead, but I just didn't have enough track to claw it back.

If I could have thrown my wheel I probably would have :ROFLMAO: Also been awhile since I've used my wheel. I can feel it already. Im on a god damn crusade now tho. Tomorrow I will beat that fucking race.

• Angry
Reactions: FESTER665

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
The spec 2 update is out. And having just watched the gran turismo movie last night, it gave me an itch to boot the game up for the first time in a while. did my usual warmup lap at the ring, and then spent the rest of my time trying to beat 1. fucking. race. Probably the same one that made me quit the game before :ROFLMAO: its the god damn GR1 race book. Was trying to do the 8 lap race at Saint Croix, and just kept fucking things up one way or another. when the AI wasn't pit maneuvering me I was making my own mistakes just fine. Last race before I finally quit I was doing fantastic. Was running in 2nd around lap 5 or so stopped in for a quick splash of fuel, didn't change my tires because I THOUGHT they would last to the end, I even came back out of the pits still in 2nd and thought everything was going my way. First place pulled in to pit a lap later and I was in first! And then, on the 2nd to last lap, my rear tires were DONE. Fell to 3rd on track trying to get back to the pits, fell down to 5th before I was out, and spent the last lap trying desperately to get on the podium. Passed 4th place, and I could see 3rd up ahead, but I just didn't have enough track to claw it back.

If I could have thrown my wheel I probably would have :ROFLMAO: Also been awhile since I've used my wheel. I can feel it already. Im on a god damn crusade now tho. Tomorrow I will beat that fucking race.
What car are you using? McLaren VGT or the Mazda on racing hard tires makes that series pretty easy.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
What car are you using? McLaren VGT or the Mazda on racing hard tires makes that series pretty easy.

I dropped 3 million on the damn toyota GR1 car. And I intend to get my monies worth out of it :ROFLMAO: i already did the Daytona race awhile back, don't remember what I used for that... I'm sure I can get it w/ the Toyota, I just need to change my damn tires when I come in for fuel next time and I should be good to go

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Yes!! I did it!! This time I was able to get into 1st by like lap 3, so I turned the mixture up a bit to pull out some distance, and I pitted at the end of lap 4, NEW TIRES, and a splash of fuel. Came back out in 4th, but was able to get back into first by like lap 7, and then just cruised home to a 26 second lead. Just like Max Verstappen!!

Now I just have the suzuka race left. hopefully this one goes smoother. Half my problem w/ this one was just getting accustomed to this sainte croix track, since I wasn't that familiar w/ it

Reactions: sktchy

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I dropped 3 million on the damn toyota GR1 car. And I intend to get my monies worth out of it :ROFLMAO: i already did the Daytona race awhile back, don't remember what I used for that... I'm sure I can get it w/ the Toyota, I just need to change my damn tires when I come in for fuel next time and I should be good to go
I bought that stupid long nose Nissan GTR LM and couldn’t finish higher than 6th in any race, switched to the Peugeot and was wasting other cars in the corners but they’d pass me on the straights. I was messing around with the Lamborghini and McLaren VGT cars not expecting to win and ended up lapping at least 3 cars per race.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
And done. First race after I bought inters and full wets, started raining again, so I once it started to drizzle i pitted and put inters on first, then i saw those were being used up VERY quickly, and i could see heavier rain moving in on the radar, so i pitted again for full wets, which put me to back of the field, but once the rain did come in, it caught a lot of drivers out, so they were just out there on slicks going 5mph and NOT MOVING OUT OF THE RACING LINE so I was able to claw back a bunch of places, and I had been keeping an eye on my wet tires and they were looking good, and by the last lap i was up into a podium place (which is good enough for me) but I got down to T1 and almost lost the car and I looked down, and my wet tires were DONE. CRAP.

restart. This time the rain held off a little longer, and by lap 5 (of the 10 lap race) it was starting to drizzle, and I could see the heavy stuff was going to hit any moment, so I was lucky enough w/ the timing that i was able to pit at the end of lap 5 for full wets just as the skies opened up, and again, lots of people out on track on slicks being rolling roadblocks, but I got past, managed my way into first and everything was looking good......until the rain stopped. And the wets started to go very quickly again. I TRIED to hang it out, but by 3/4's of the way thru lap 9 my rears were completely shot, so I had to limp it around and I pitted on the final lap for slicks, and luckily i had enough of a gap that I came back out in first and took the win.

Im so sweaty. so sweaty.

• Haha
Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Also got the neoclassic menu book completed. Which, is pretty much ANY car from like 1980-1999, but of course all the AI is using the fastest race cars available. I managed to do Fuji and Red Bull Ring in my Castrol Supra. Fuji it of course rained, but I was fucking ready for it this time :ROFLMAO: Due to my expert strategy, I managed to win that race by over a minute and a half. I lapped everyone up to 3rd place. Red bull ring was dry, I managed a lonely 2nd in that race, but all you need is a podium, so I was good w/ that. The willow springs race, my supra just wasnt up to the task. So I pulled out my trusty 88 Jag Le Mans car, but in order to meet the requirements I had to detune that thing to like 450HP :ROFLMAO: I didn't think I'd stand a chance, but it all worked out! It was so good on fuel I could run it full send the entire race, and the medium slicks I had on it lasted the whole race as well so I never had to pit. As MV would say, what a lovely race that was.

Then for good measure, I did one of the weekly race challenges (god i didn't even know they had those now) which was basically race a porsche on the nurburgring and come in at least 3rd. I of course came in first. I was watching the replay back, and apparently it started drizzling halfway thru the lap. I didn't even notice :ROFLMAO: Thats still one of my gripes with bumper cam in this game. Its almost impossible to detect any light rain unless you're really paying attention to the clouds and radar. But thankfully it didnt rain heavy enough to give my sport soft tires any grief, cuz I drove the whole lap flat out like it was 100% dry

This is bad. I think this game has me again. And I'm still extremely addicted to starfield as well. I need to take another week off work.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Got all the weekly races done. They were kinda fun. Most werent TOO challenging. The 10 lap race at Fuji tho. I don't know how I pulled off first place in that one :ROFLMAO: Used my trusty McLaren F1 GTR LM car, and it was already pouring buckets at the start of the race, so full wets was an easy choice there. Just started out slow and steady, picking my way thru whoever I could when the opportunities were there. Managed to work my way into first and roundabout lap 5 I could see the rain easing up, but it was still too wet for slicks, so at the end of lap 5 I just slid into the pits for some fuel and kept the wet tires. Well the track continued to dry, and despite my best efforts to drive on every wet patch of track I could find, my wet tires were going, plus it was really slowing me down and I had about 3 or 4 cars breathing down my neck. So i think around the end of lap 8 I took a gamble, stopped into the pits one more time for some racing soft slicks. Luckily a bunch of other people pit in behind me as well and it looked like they were putting inters on so I didn't lose TOO many places. But then. Coming out of the pits, I hit a wet patch or something and completely spun off the track at T1 :mad: Think I was down to like 8th or 9th, but I got back to it, and had a LASER focus on that dry line because I was not going to put a tire into the wet :ROFLMAO: Thanks to my superior grip I was able to claw back a bunch of places over the next 2 laps, and after I came out of the last turn when the checkered flag was waving I was RIGHT behind first place. I barely had any fuel left, but I turned it up to full power and blasted past him on the straight to take the win. It was incredible :ROFLMAO:

I saved the sunday cup race for last cuz I knew i was gonna need a breather after that race.

also took these

UYSq1P6.jpg

h8HY2Rb.jpg

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Finished the hypercar menu book. While not TECHNICALLY a hypercar, i used the extremely capable AMG GT Black Series. That car is just friggin amazing. Even in stock form it puts a lotta full blown race cars to shame, but since I was going to be up against the likes of veyrons and mclaren f1's and aston martin vulcans and such I modded it up to about 900HP and threw some racing softs on it (since these races didn't have any fuel or tire wear) But.......that was probably a BIT overkill, as I ended up winning each race by well over 30 seconds :ROFLMAO: I didn't even change the trans, and I was still passing cars like they were standing still on the Mulsanne straight at Le Mans. It was still so much fun tho. This car is a fucking beast and a joy to drive

9TacI7M.jpg

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Finished off the day doing the Silvia menu book. Used a Sileighty that I lightly modified to about 320HP along w/ some other sport and semi-racing parts. Didn't need to go crazy w/ it. Tho some of these cars mustve been running some big turbos cuz on trial mountain (think it was trial mountain) some of them would just leave me for dead on the straights :ROFLMAO: but I could always reign them back in thru the corners and had no problems coming in first on all 3 races.

vHNsp34.jpg

Also tried the Sophy AI race at Tsukuba w/ my Sileighty. Did beginner, intermediate, and expert, and had no issues getting thru them at any level. Guess they've still got some learning to do

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Finished this weeks weekly races. I kinda like those. They're mostly not a hassle. Also did the world touring car 900 cafe book cuz that was one of the weekly races this week and you couldn't do it unless you've at least started that book.

Think i drove about 250 miles today. By the time I did the 5 weekly races and finished the last 2 cafe book races for WTC 900 I was DONE. Was starting to get hard to press the brake pedal down :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: sktchy

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
daily login bonuses are back!!

as is the christmas jazz!! I'll be honest, nothing puts me in the mood for the holidays..........until I hear that christmas music when I boot the game up. I love that they've continued doing that over the years. I'm ready for christmas now :ROFLMAO:

weekly races were rather pleasant this week as well. Nothing w/ any tire wear or fuel consumption this week

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
daily login bonuses are back!!

as is the christmas jazz!! I'll be honest, nothing puts me in the mood for the holidays..........until I hear that christmas music when I boot the game up. I love that they've continued doing that over the years. I'm ready for christmas now :ROFLMAO:

weekly races were rather pleasant this week as well. Nothing w/ any tire wear or fuel consumption this week

I was surprised about no weekly race with tire and fuel. But weekly races are typically a breeze.

Reactions: IDAFC21

Thread Info