Gaming Gran Turismo 7

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Got the VGT menu book done. I dropped a mil for the Lambo V12 VGT car because I thought it would be quite the handy tool. And it was. Here was my prize. Sure glad I didn't buy this!

Prize.jpg

Also did something I've been wanting to do for awhile now, and I took the Castrol GT500 Supra back to the ring. The time I first set with it was after I'd just gotten my wheel and was jsut getting used to it w/ my subpar wheelstand, while I knew it wasnt a flat out lap, at the time i still felt like it was flying at the time. Well fast forward thru a couple updates, a new sturdier rig, and lots more ring laps under my belt, and this is what I pulled out tonight. :LOL: I left my old lap on for comparison.

Ring.jpg

7:44 vs 6:20 :LOL:

There are several cars on this list I actually wanna go back and set new times for now. The GT Black series in particular. Really curious to see if I can get it under 7 now.

Reactions: FESTER665

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
What did you use for the GR1 races? I dont even know if I have a gr1 car. Gotta be careful w/ my money now that theres no more grind. Haven't done any research yet to find out what the next best grind race is now

New grind. They found a way to get the new Toyota Gr1 car to 800PP for the windmills race, just gotta be careful first round of passing cars.

I use my Mazda LM55 for Gr1 races, love that thing.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
finally sat down to try the GR1 menu book. In an attempt to not spend money on a whole new car, I gave my 787B a shot........tried it twice at Daytona, with not good results. So I tried dropping the AI down to normal, and that made for a much more sensible race. Was able to work my way up to 2nd before I decided to pit on lap 6, and I was running race meeedjeeums so I did a full tire change and refuel, came back out 10th or 11th I think, then worked my way back up to 2nd by about lap 8 or 9 and just about caught first place when he decided to pit, so it was an easy final lap to cruise on to victory.

Will see if I can knock out the other 2 races a little bit later.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
finally sat down to try the GR1 menu book. In an attempt to not spend money on a whole new car, I gave my 787B a shot........tried it twice at Daytona, with not good results. So I tried dropping the AI down to normal, and that made for a much more sensible race. Was able to work my way up to 2nd before I decided to pit on lap 6, and I was running race meeedjeeums so I did a full tire change and refuel, came back out 10th or 11th I think, then worked my way back up to 2nd by about lap 8 or 9 and just about caught first place when he decided to pit, so it was an easy final lap to cruise on to victory.

Will see if I can knock out the other 2 races a little bit later.

I used the tomahawk S. Daytona kinda did the same as you. Took first by lap 9 due to guy pitting. Then got my ass handed to me on the Europe track.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Yeah.........tried that fucking french track w/ the 787B..........yeahhhh.. Wasn't gonna happen. I had to abort once I started full on screaming at the tv.

Did try the online time trial out tho. Looking thru the top 100 rankings, it seems the M6 GT3 is the car to use.........but I don't have it. So I tried w/ my Pennzoil R34. Best I could put together was just about a 2'02 flat. REALLY tried to get one in under 2'02, but it just wasnt happening. And what did I earn with my 15 laps of effort? A ranking of somewhere around 15k something :LOL: :LOL:

Didnt see anyone else from here w/ a time posted in it, so............come get me! :LOL:

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Seems like mostly little fixes with this update, and they did in fact revert the FFB back to the 1.13 update levels. Which of course now has a contingent of players complaining, because there apparently are people who like the way the feedback felt and supposedly claim it had much more feel to it. :LOL: I honestly never really played with it enough to get a good comparison, so as long as its back to the way it was, i'll be happy. Hopefully they can continue to make SMALL tweaks to the feedback with each update until they finally get it right.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Don't remember if we had a thread for the gran turismo movie, but i couldn't find one, so, here goes

David Harbour has been cast in the movie :ROFLMAO:

According to the film’s logline, it centers on a teenage Gran Turismo player whose gaming skills earn him a shot to become a professional race car driver. David Harbour’s role in Gran Turismo reportedly is that of a retired race car driver who teaches the main character to drive.

Thread Info