Gaming Gran Turismo 7

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
87109AB2-6B29-4D01-B243-3EABCC903FAE.jpeg

Scratch that, 1:07.077 now. So close to the 1:06 mark!

Reactions: IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
So.............................................. This happened. Bought a new wheel stand. Its the Next Level Racing 2.0 stand. Thought it was supposed to show up tomorrow, but it came today, so I of course had to assemble it. My other stand was OK, but just wasnt great for a DD wheel and the kind of force this thing puts out. This one is SOLID. And actually came with extra hardware so I could actually hard mount the wheel to the stand, instead of using the damn desk clamp, which you can NEVER quite get tight enough. And it also has a wheel tray so you can use a desk chair with it, which is a lot nicer than being sunk into my couch. It also positions me a bit closer to the tv which really helps w/ the immersion, and after a quick test, I feel like I can spot my braking points and apexes a lot better. Plus with the pedals hard mounted now as well, I feel like I have so much more brake control. Cant wait to really put this thing thru its paces. Next Level Racing is legit, and this stand is part of their eco system, so eventually if/when I have space, I can always add the back half to this rig with a seat thats hard mounted and have a full cockpit setup.

yIfhKFM.jpg

It also folds up nicely.

9bVKogw.jpg

Been looking at a lotta setups lately and this was really the one that made the most sense to me.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
did a couple tomahawk runs tonight. I had to. No fastest laps yet, but its there. With how solid everything is now, I feel like I can brake later than Im used to. I was using my normal braking points that have been committed to muscle memory and I felt like i was slowing down WAY faster than I was before. I think I'm going to enjoy this rig.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Did a couple more hawk runs tonight. Still getting used to the new setup/driving position. Best I could pull off tonight was a 1'07.7, and that was with a 15 second penalty prior to starting that lap, so I was nowhere near terminal velocity when I crossed the start/finish straight to start the lap :LOL: Oh what could have been.

• Haha
Reactions: FESTER665

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Did a couple more hawk runs tonight. Still getting used to the new setup/driving position. Best I could pull off tonight was a 1'07.7, and that was with a 15 second penalty prior to starting that lap, so I was nowhere near terminal velocity when I crossed the start/finish straight to start the lap :LOL: Oh what could have been.
I scare the shit out of my dog at least once a night when Im playing by yelling "FUCK!!!" out of nowhere because I graze a wall when going for something in the 1:06 range. :bowrofl:

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I think my best lap is like a 1:17, but I can almost every time get under 2 minutes on the first lap.
Still cant beat my 1:32 first lap. Really want to see if its possible to get a 1:30 first lap but it's just too slippery. Anytime I try to get more out of the last few turns I'll tap a wall or spin out on the final turn.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I think the only way I'm gonna get those kinds of first lap times is if I start on inters and pit for racing hards after 4-5 laps. Which would be feasible since I usually make a stop for extra fuel anyways now because I normally try to get at least 2 fast lap attempts in running at map 1.
Fuck pitting. :bowrofl:

Fuel map 6 on RH tires, usually two tries at a Fuel map 1 lap if you get a penalty on first try drop back to 6 for another shot.

Thread Info