Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
2017 Chevy SS could get supercharged power boost - Autoblog

The Holden Commodore is dying, and the folks at Holden Special Vehicles are pulling out all the stops to make sure the Aussie sedan is as potent as possible before it passes on. That love hasn't extended to the Commodore's American twin, the Chevrolet SS. Despite a lovely 415-horsepower 6.2-liter V8, the SS hasn't seen the huge performance boosts of its Aussie counterpart. At least, not yet.

According to an unnamed source that spoke to GM Authority, the 2017 SS will follow HSV's Commodore example and receive the supercharged 6.2-liter LSA V8. That'd mean a big boost in output – the LSA in the HSV Clubsport R8, for example, adds 121 ponies, for a hearty 536 hp. Of course, considering the LSA's history, we know it's capable of far more power. The previous-generation Cadillac CTS-V made 556 hp.

Autoblog reached out to Chevrolet regarding these rumors, but as of press time, the Bowtie brand hasn't responded to our query. Holden will introduce the 2017 Commodore later this year.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
stopped by chevy.. their ordering guide is up

The '17 ordering guide is up!

NO CHANGES EXCEPT:

Chevrolet Car SS

Deletions

(G6K) Some Like It Hot Red Metallic exterior color
(G6P) Jungle Green Metallic exterior color
(GZ7) Mystic Green Metallic exterior color

New Features

(G8N) Orange Blast exterior color (extra cost)
(GPF) Nightfall Gray Metallic exterior color

That's all folks!!!

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
I know, that's why I said "most likely".

I would be surprised if Chevy did it because they hate this car. The amount of hoops they'd have to jump through to get an LSA version certified here wouldn't be worth it for a one year run.

It would probably put it in a different bracket anyway for pricing. People already complain the LS3 variant is way too expensive, what happens when Chevy asks Hellcat money for a Malibu?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Yeeeaaaahhhh this is a bit of a long shot. Mid-run introductions aren't unheard of, but it's a lot of resources to introduce a new model mid-year, and for a car that doesn't get a lot of marketing or sales push behind it. Plus with a engine that's no longer in any domestic product. At least the SS had the Camaro still in production for a few years before the LS3 became obsolete, and now it's only in the SS (locally, anyway).

frosty23_45

Broke Dodge owner
Feb 12, 2008
Coal City, IL
I want to see that orange blast color!!
1463757927_zpsa1dn7pp0.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info