Got the call...

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
There are tons of people that pay to be on a waiting list. Prime example, people are paying 100,000+ just to get their names on the waiting list for the Ferrari 599, because they are sold out for two years and the only way to get one is to have a spot on the waiting list, or to buy a used one. And used ones are going for 150,000 over sticker.

True. A local Mitsu dealership is taking $500 deposits that will get you on a waiting list for the Evo X -- unfortunately, they're only getting three the first shipment.

The deposit is all in the dealership's hands in most cases, the automaker doesn't necessarily have control over those kind of deposits.

Smart, however, had a $99 deposit to reserve a car about a year before they officially released the car in the U.S.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Dude, the fact that you are comparing a Civic SI and a BMW M3 is LAUGHABLE. Not dogging the Si, cool car. But, the fact is that the waiting list for the M3 is now over a year long, probably close to 1.5 to 2 years. Because I was stupid, and put down $1000 that was 100% fully refundable, I will be getting my M3 only 2 months after it has been officially released in the states. You on the other hand would be sitting at home looking at your 1K, waiting 2 years for your car. I think I made the right move.:h5:

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
people r puttin up to 20K down for the new audi R8, and the dealership over here wont get the first 3 for a YEAR AND A HALF and they have 6 people! the M3 is totally believable man. after a get my LTs and Tune, well line up. or we can do it right now if you dont put it in M mode :D

James

M-Mode on and EDC set to sport!!! I'm reallyl interested to see how fast this thing is. Magazines have gotten times from 12.5 to 12.9, so it would be a really close race with a slightly modded GTO!!!

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I think you made the right move especially if it locked the price at sticker, I would turn around and flip the car if I were you

Thought about getting two, and flipping one!!! =) Just don't have that kind of money though! When I get it I will be out crusing a TON, and I hope you guys come with. Shocker racing usually cruises around every Thursday night during the summer.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Sweet car. I was going to get a c6 z06, but got pretty pissed when they released the 08 LS3, and left the z06 unchanged. In my opinion, it wasn't worth spending another 30K for 70 extra hp. Especially when people are camming, headers and tuning LS3s to around 500 RWHP. But then again, the Z06 is more than just a better engine, it is a whole nother beast, and I suggest you get that rather than the Porsche!

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Yeah, we go on the days that the MFBA goes, it's an amazing time. I dont think anybody is racing their cars this April, but last October we had 4 or 5 cars running. I got to ride along once, and watched, and it was still fun as all hell!

James

TCG Elite Member
Jan 18, 2008
Dude, the fact that you are comparing a Civic SI and a BMW M3 is LAUGHABLE. Not dogging the Si, cool car. But, the fact is that the waiting list for the M3 is now over a year long, probably close to 1.5 to 2 years. Because I was stupid, and put down $1000 that was 100% fully refundable, I will be getting my M3 only 2 months after it has been officially released in the states. You on the other hand would be sitting at home looking at your 1K, waiting 2 years for your car. I think I made the right move.:h5:
What's LAUGHABLE is that you have a car in your sig you don't own yet.
Cars have four wheels and an engine- other than that they're pretty much the same.

The fact that you're on some "M3 bandwagon" - putting it in your sig- cements that you're a poser like everyone else on the bandwagon.

If you WEREN'T trying to be a poser then we wouldn't see it in your sig and if you weren't a poser you wouldn't be making threads about the dealer "calling you".

It sucks how cars are now just an accessory like a watch or shoes. :biggthump:

edit: I'm glad you don't take this personal. ;)
/rant

Last edited:

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
What's LAUGHABLE is that you have a car in your sig you don't own yet.
Cars have four wheels and an engine- other than that they're pretty much the same.
The fact that you're on some "M3 bandwagon" - putting it in your sig- cements that you're a poser like everyone else on the bandwagon. If you WEREN'T trying to be a poser then we wouldn't see it in your sig and if you weren't a poser you wouldn't be making threads about the dealer "calling you". Who gives a fuck.

It sucks how cars are now just an accessory like a watch or shoes. :biggthump:

So I guess you shoulda got a bicycle??? Woulda been cheaper than your bike, and better for the environment. I thought this was a car enthusiast site??? If you don't like cars, then why are you here???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info