Got new rims for the wagon

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
Got a set of these from a guy I work with. Rears are 18x9.5, so should fit a 275 just fine.

One has a hairline crack, and needs to be repaired; but overall in really good shape. Anyone know where I can get the one welded cheap?

Attachments

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Once a Wbody owner, always a Wbody owner.

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
I think it will look badass on the wagon. Will have to redo the centercaps though. Offset is perfect with my 25mm spacers. 275 is the widest tire I can fit.

These are incredibly light too. My wheels on the wagon are trash. I believe the PO was a girl with complete lack of spatial awareness. Every rim is gouged with curb rash.

I'll do a test fit on my day off. Barely got my wifes trans done before work today. Took my boys and I 4 hours just to get it in Friday night (and was a very intense 4 hours). Spent 12 hours buttoning up the install yesterday, and 4 hours before work today cleaning the garage. Really want to see these mocked up on the car, but I just ran out of time.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Curious to see the outcome.

crooks

Donating Member
Reaction score
I had good results with this place.

Wellis Alloy Wheel Repair Service of Kane County
1820 Production Dr Unit C, St. Charles, IL 60174

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
In a past life my gf had a neon on SRT4 wheels and she cracked and bent an inside lip. I was able it bring it to so no name wheel repair place on the south side. They heated it up and stick welded it back together and it was good until we sold it.

I'd think that is repairable but to do it right I'd go to Crown so it looks nice after.

.... or you may be able to eBay one wheel for a good enough deal?

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
It'll probably cost more than a single wheel that isn't cracked to fix it IMO. Just welding it will look like shit, and considering how cheap you can get a wheel for, is it really worth some cheap welding?

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
Got me, just exploring my options. Might just sell as a set and buy different rims if it works out better. Car needs more tire, trying to get there the cheapest way possible.

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
Just cruise CL until a set of used wheels pops up for a price you're looking to pay.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom