Good place to have a 90 fox tuned?

Shibby50

Reaction score
A buddy of mine just traded for a 90 foxbody. 302 with a h/c/I package on it and runs like crap never been tuned from what we can tell. I know nothing about foxes. Do they need a sct like my 00gt did? Can they use a chip? And who is decent at tuning them in the south Chicago area? Any help would be appreciated

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
A9L computer i assume?
people normally burn a chip for those, i have no idea who....
but on the flip side some people tune through a MAF.... depends on your setup i guess.

greasy

I Haz New Teknologee
Donating Member
Reaction score
I know Anderson Ford Motorsports does tuning through their PMS, which is similar to the SCT handheld. I forget how it gets wired in though.

Shibby50

Reaction score
As far as I know it's stock PCM with a maf. He's doesn't want a mail order tune will only settle for a full dyno tune. We just don't know where to start.

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Reaction score
If he wants a proper dyno tune with the stock A9L then he will need at minimum an SCT chip.

If it's just a heads, cam, intake car then most of the time it can be tuned with the proper MAF calibrated to the size of injectors.

clint282cc

Reaction score
aj performance in genoa. specialize is all mustangs (saw a 90 fox with 950hp last time i was there) has a dynojet.

phone 815-739-6341

SRT41320

Reaction score
Mike Post out in Stillman Valley IL
this!!

plus from what ive heard as long as the MAF and Injectors match there should be no tuning needed

but if its a super aggressive setup or for whatever reason needs tuning... get the SCT chip - it has a 6 pos switch to change between tunes. if you get it through american muscle they hook you up with Bama Performance and they hook you up with FREE tunes for life

Have him check out ChicagoMustangClub

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom