Good Place for an email tune?

blownstang

Regular
Aug 21, 2006
NW Chicago
Also just for the future, if you can't afford to get the full potential out of the parts you install by getting a custom dyno tune then it would probably be best to not install them. A custom tune will always be better than an emailed one. With an emailed tune you will still be leaving quite a bit of power on the table.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Also just for the future, if you can't afford to get the full potential out of the parts you install by getting a custom dyno tune then it would probably be best to not install them. A custom tune will always be better than an emailed one. With an emailed tune you will still be leaving quite a bit of power on the table.

You realise that you can get an emailed baseline tune, throw it on a dyno, and then kurgan/norm/any tuner that knows how to work electronic mail can modify the tune accordingly, right?

blownstang

Regular
Aug 21, 2006
NW Chicago
You realise that you can get an emailed baseline tune, throw it on a dyno, and then kurgan/norm/any tuner that knows how to work electronic mail can modify the tune accordingly, right?

Yes, but it is not the optimal way of doing things. In the long i run it would probably just lead to more frustration. I'm sure there would be a charge every time he wanted to make changes. My car was on the dyno twice and my tuner did street data-logging once to make a few tweaks after I had the supercharger installed. I was not charged anything extra for any of this since I already paid for the tune. It would be a big pain to not work directly with a tuner and have to email dyno graphs, datalogs, and tune files back and forth.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info