Good Place for an email tune?

Rfstang01

Reaction score
Hey guys i threw cams in my car and now i just need a tune....I really dont have 500$ to get a custom tune so i was wondering if anyone knew/reccommend a good place to get an email tune. Thanks I also have an sct if that matters

blownstang

Reaction score
Tim @ Mr. Norm's Garage and Bob @ Kurgan Motorsports. Don't know how much they'd charge you, but when you get the car tuned by one of them the email tune is free. I know that Jason @ VMP Tuning also does quite a bit of emailed tunes.

blownstang

Reaction score
Also just for the future, if you can't afford to get the full potential out of the parts you install by getting a custom dyno tune then it would probably be best to not install them. A custom tune will always be better than an emailed one. With an emailed tune you will still be leaving quite a bit of power on the table.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Reaction score
Also just for the future, if you can't afford to get the full potential out of the parts you install by getting a custom dyno tune then it would probably be best to not install them. A custom tune will always be better than an emailed one. With an emailed tune you will still be leaving quite a bit of power on the table.
You realise that you can get an emailed baseline tune, throw it on a dyno, and then kurgan/norm/any tuner that knows how to work electronic mail can modify the tune accordingly, right?

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Reaction score
unless you are willing to put forth A LOT of effort with datalogging (with air fuel) the car after each emailed tune, you will never see the full benefit nor could you realistically feel safe with the tune.

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
unless you are willing to put forth A LOT of effort with datalogging (with air fuel) the car after each emailed tune, you will never see the full benefit nor could you realistically feel safe with the tune.
nor will it really be any faster if it's just cams in a 2v...

blownstang

Reaction score
You realise that you can get an emailed baseline tune, throw it on a dyno, and then kurgan/norm/any tuner that knows how to work electronic mail can modify the tune accordingly, right?
Yes, but it is not the optimal way of doing things. In the long i run it would probably just lead to more frustration. I'm sure there would be a charge every time he wanted to make changes. My car was on the dyno twice and my tuner did street data-logging once to make a few tweaks after I had the supercharger installed. I was not charged anything extra for any of this since I already paid for the tune. It would be a big pain to not work directly with a tuner and have to email dyno graphs, datalogs, and tune files back and forth.

OP
R

Rfstang01

Reaction score
ok changed my mine came up on some money so whats a good place to get a regular tune....and i cant go to kurgan because he is moving...any other suggestions

blownstang

Reaction score
Tim Barth at Mr. Norm's Garage. Go to chicagolandmustang.com and check it his sponsor section.

alwaysready

Reaction score
Has Bob figured out when he will be coming back yet?
he mentioned somewhere about coming back a handful of times next year.

blck10th

Reaction score
I never paid 500 and had been tuned 2x by Kurgan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom