đź“° Auto News Good guy Dodge adds another security level to frequently stolen high horsepower challengers & chargers

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I had a short stint working for a repo place, they’ve got grabbers that’ll flip out of a truck bed or come out from underneath and you’d never notice they were a tow truck. Also they give none fucks about how they do it just as long as it’s done quick.

Yup, I’ve seen similar. Here are 2 yards 2 blocks from each other. This is where they will hold your car until your insurance company pays for tow and storage. They have yards all over the city.

887AB510-A849-49EC-B51E-6F369E37CA19.jpeg

0C4C3066-CC89-43A9-A3A1-FDE694ADE526.jpeg

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Not even close dude, dont believe that shit for a minute. The days of breaking windows to steal a car are long gone. Ive stolen my fair share of cars as a teenager, and even then over 25 years ago we didnt break windows. I know guys still in the game at my age, they are the same guys I was doing it with as a teenager. I'd say 75% of stolen cars of value are taken with tow trucks now a days. These guys arent stupid, they do their homework. They will spot a car, and eventually go park a car in front of it or in back of it pending how they are going to tow it. Then come back later that night move their car and snatch it with the tow truck in 30 seconds. Also they use technology now, they have devices (takes a while) to unlock cars and get them to start with a "dummy key fob". Long process and too much to explain.

These tow truck drivers now a days are like gangs (most are older x bangers). They have hoods and if your caught in their hood chasing accidents. They fight, they shoot at each other and will set other tow trucks on fire to teach them a lesson. "Chasing" is a HUUUGE business now a days. They drive around with scanners and chase accidents. They tow your car to a body shop they chase for. Body shop hits the insurance company with obscene towing and storage charges and its 100% legal. So they got your insurance company by the balls to release the car. These guys have yards all around the city that they hide cars from chasing and stolen cars in. Some crooked ass cops in Chgo even work with these tow truck drivers. They have their personal cell phone numbers and will call them to come tow a car from an accident. The cops tell the other tow trucks who showed up to get the fuck out of here and they have their guys come tow them.

Probably the only inaccurate thing I said was breaking a window, everything else I have seen on video of these cars being stolen.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Thats ameteur hour shit right there lol. Take my word for it, guys knocking cars that way wont last very long.

It may be amateur shit, but the end result is the car getting stolen. No matter how it happens or how sophisticated it is, the end result is the same. The fact that an amateur with not much experience can steal the car easily is probably a large part of the reason these cars are so popular to steal.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
It may be amateur shit, but the end result is the car getting stolen. No matter how it happens or how sophisticated it is, the end result is the same. The fact that an amateur with not much experience can steal the car easily is probably a large part of the reason these cars are so popular to steal.
I saw a similar video posted a couple weeks ago in my neighborhood's facebook group. A hellcat was stolen out of an apartment complex. It was pushed out and then somehow started up once it was away from the building.

Reactions: greasy

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I saw a similar video posted a couple weeks ago in my neighborhood's facebook group. A hellcat was stolen out of an apartment complex. It was pushed out and then somehow started up once it was away from the building.
That one has been circling around for a while if its the one I'm thinking of. Was it in the back of an apartment bldg?

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
  • Wow
Reactions: greasy
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info