Good conceal carry class for western burbs

Danderson

Reaction score
Anyone have any recomdations for conceal carry class western burbs. Looking for a good price too. Gat is at like 250 + print 55 app is 30

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
If you can drive a bit north, On-Target has a great training facility.
It wasn't real cheap, but less than GAT. I paid $225.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bunch of guys did Cabelas and had nothing but good things to say.

BS ISF

Donating Member
Reaction score
My bro is an instructor at Critical Decision's on Aurora. Have many friends that have gone through him all with very positive reviews.

wombat

Donating Member
Reaction score
Dan Lanan @ G2 Firearms Training did ours with a few TCG members and it was an awesome class. He does it right. You can reach out to him on Facebook (G2 Firearms Training Group) and see if he has anything coming up.

Tight Lines

Donating Member
Reaction score
Is it true that you really have to watch who you go to as far as being recognized as a valid course? I too am looking to do this but want to make sure I go to somebody that is recognized and is a great teacher so I can learn the correct way. I am not looking to skimp here even if it costs a few extra bucks. I would like to find one south by me, however if that isn't possible I will look into G2.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I took at at gat, 5 weeks and I had a card in my hand, instructor was a county cop can't remember the county but had some good info, he also taught defensive pistol classes so he tried to work a little of that into the second day

VenomousDSG

Smells own farts
Reaction score
Holy crap, GAT wants over $300 for everything? Come out here to RKA in Plano. Awesome crew, and you'll pay less than half of all that for everything. 2 day weekend course, send your stuff in, and you'll have it in a couple months.

wombat

Donating Member
Reaction score
Mine took 3 months from date applied to in my hand, no prints.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
Is it true that you really have to watch who you go to as far as being recognized as a valid course? I too am looking to do this but want to make sure I go to somebody that is recognized and is a great teacher so I can learn the correct way.
Yes, this is very important. I've heard horror stories about people getting their CCL, then months later have it revoked because their instructor didn't follow the correct processes.

Considering the PITA it already is to even get a CCL in this god forsaken state, I'd be fuckin' livid if that happened to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom