gonna start the 6.0 build

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
I bought that LQ4 longblock w/36k on it about a month or so back and after seeing how the truck tows on the way out to track day...... ummm yea :rofl: I knew the 4.8 was a dog and wasn't expecting much out of it, it does its job though. It did push that truck respectably down the track for what it is (15.86 @ 86mph :rofl:). I had like 5 people ask why i took off the 22's :rofl:

Anywho, looking for some 243 heads to throw on this thing so let me know if you have some or know of some goods deals. Just looking to make a solid motor for the truck. I'm in debate on a custom ground truck cam, but maybe down the road.

:edit: I also NEED a 2wd 4l80e BADLY. This 60e wont last long behind the 6.0.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
Looking forward to seeing this get done. You are doing a nice conservative driveable swap. Not some fire breathing beast that is going to be useless as a truck.

thanks jared, that's the plan. Just trying to make a solid truck.

I know someone who has a set of Bare 243 heads off his ZO6.......PM AutobhanZO6 ;)

thanks man, but i'm kinda more interested in assembled heads. but i'll pm him, thanks

:run:

Good luck with the build. Keep us updated :bigthumb:

will do :D

Hey nick, a guy on Chitown is selling a pair of 317s for $350 with springs on them already. http://www.chitownracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164833

well i actually have a set of 317's that came with it, so i'd be up for a trade if someone is interested

I've got a pair of 799 castings off a '07 GXP. PM me if your interested. Good luck with the build.

pm sent

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
got some 799 heads(243 casting :)) on the way (thanks DTB_LS1 and Phat ride) and i'm gonna hopefully pick up a 80e trans and verter wednesday. WOOHOO!! still have to get some misc stuff to button up the little things on the motor (i.e. head gaskets, head bolts, flexplate)

I said i wasn't gonna cam it, but ummm i've been looking into some cams :rofl:. If not now then later, and a small verter.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
yea, i know. I'm looking for a smaller torquey cam though. If i step up beyond a 220/220 i fall on my face. I actually gain a good chunk of torque on the lowend just by bolting on the heads. I was thinking of an LS6 cam b/c i can get a used one for cheap but i lose a lot down low.

Thread Info