gonna start the 6.0 build

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
I bought that LQ4 longblock w/36k on it about a month or so back and after seeing how the truck tows on the way out to track day...... ummm yea :rofl: I knew the 4.8 was a dog and wasn't expecting much out of it, it does its job though. It did push that truck respectably down the track for what it is (15.86 @ 86mph :rofl:). I had like 5 people ask why i took off the 22's :rofl:

Anywho, looking for some 243 heads to throw on this thing so let me know if you have some or know of some goods deals. Just looking to make a solid motor for the truck. I'm in debate on a custom ground truck cam, but maybe down the road.

:edit: I also NEED a 2wd 4l80e BADLY. This 60e wont last long behind the 6.0.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing this get done. You are doing a nice conservative driveable swap. Not some fire breathing beast that is going to be useless as a truck.

Riski

Suck my balls!
Reaction score
I know someone who has a set of Bare 243 heads off his ZO6.......PM AutobhanZO6 ;)

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
:run:

Good luck with the build. Keep us updated :bigthumb:

DTB_LS1

REAL RACECARS HAVE THREE PEDALS
Reaction score
I've got a pair of 799 castings off a '07 GXP. PM me if your interested. Good luck with the build.

OP
Smokinhot

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing this get done. You are doing a nice conservative driveable swap. Not some fire breathing beast that is going to be useless as a truck.
thanks jared, that's the plan. Just trying to make a solid truck.

I know someone who has a set of Bare 243 heads off his ZO6.......PM AutobhanZO6 ;)
thanks man, but i'm kinda more interested in assembled heads. but i'll pm him, thanks

:run:

Good luck with the build. Keep us updated :bigthumb:
will do :D

Hey nick, a guy on Chitown is selling a pair of 317s for $350 with springs on them already. http://www.chitownracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164833
well i actually have a set of 317's that came with it, so i'd be up for a trade if someone is interested

I've got a pair of 799 castings off a '07 GXP. PM me if your interested. Good luck with the build.
pm sent

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
as far as I know, the 317s are the same as a 243, just a larger chamber. Spend a few bucks and get them milled to whatever CC you want

OP
Smokinhot

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
yea, for the most part. 317's flow great, but they have 72cc chambers as opposed to 243's have 64cc chambers. i could buy the 243's or what not and sell the 317's for less then i'd put into milling them

OP
Smokinhot

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
there are a bunch of ls heads on chicago craigslist
i seen that. Just one set of 243's though from a guy in MT Prospect. They are disassembled and don't have spring for $450 though.

still looking though :)

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Reaction score
I got a set of 241's completly assembled off my GTO if you are interested. id bring them out to lukes sometime or whatever if u wanted to see.

OP
Smokinhot

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
got some 799 heads(243 casting :)) on the way (thanks DTB_LS1 and Phat ride) and i'm gonna hopefully pick up a 80e trans and verter wednesday. WOOHOO!! still have to get some misc stuff to button up the little things on the motor (i.e. head gaskets, head bolts, flexplate)

I said i wasn't gonna cam it, but ummm i've been looking into some cams :rofl:. If not now then later, and a small verter.

OP
Smokinhot

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
yea, i know. I'm looking for a smaller torquey cam though. If i step up beyond a 220/220 i fall on my face. I actually gain a good chunk of torque on the lowend just by bolting on the heads. I was thinking of an LS6 cam b/c i can get a used one for cheap but i lose a lot down low.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
So here's the deal, you're going to get a cam and verter before the motor goes in or TCG will harass you for the rest of your life. :squint:

OP
Smokinhot

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
i still need to get a different posi.... believe me, the parts list is racking up and so is the prices i'm looking at

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
Credit cards are also knows as short-time super HIGH interest loans that nobody can pay off, or in this case, it is an anti-harassment card... :squint:

OP
Smokinhot

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
lol, i'm not getting into debt with those again. Just gonna build this thing with what i need for the swap and call it a day.... for now ;)

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
yea, i agree, i'm totally being a hypocrite cause i would say the same thing :rofl:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom