• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Gone fishin'...

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
So I went fishing recently.

Here's my fishin pole (high powered magnet on a wooden skewer stick :hsugh: ) :
2012-08-31_13-43-58_540.jpg

Here's my fishin hole:
2012-08-31_13-44-17_346.jpg

Here's what I caught while fishin:
2012-08-31_13-45-23_592.jpg

Here's what happened after fishing:
2012-08-31_17-31-12_795.jpg

Went outta town the day after the last RSD, so I haven't had a chance to post up what happened.

Went to RSD last month and the car ran pretty damn good. DA was shit and the car was matching PB times and ET. Everything went well. On the way home I was cruisin down an empty highway @ about 60mph and felt the engine stumble just a tad and keep running along no prob, looked down to check things and see the oil pressure just under 20psi...

Pulled over and so did my chase truck which was full of buddies who came up with me.... (Mook, Greasy, Utryd2, Phillip Forumballs, Blowerinabox) and I checked the oil. Came out shimmering on a clean white towel. I immediately called spun bearing... but the guys and I decided to toss an oil change in it right then and there. So we left it at the gas station, ran and got stuff to change the oil and even after that... you could hear that it was hurt. We ended up getting it towed home.... slowest tow ever... took the truck until 5am to get to us. Finally got home and the sun was coming up. Huge thanks to the guys for sticking it out with me and keeping me from losing my mind.

Got the car torn down late last week, but the motor is still in the car until I can get my lift back. Going to be dropping in another LS1 crank, all new bearings and some head gaskets. Hoping it'll be back up and running in time for the fall track day. :x:

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
fuck man, i know how you feel with shit breakin..
ive got my car down to a science too, quite sickening...
Saw you on rt59 yesterday. I was with your niehbor Turbo Joe getting a tire replaced.
took me MAYBE 2hrs to tear it down that far... and only the 2 engine mount bolts and trans are left before I can yank it.

Damn this sucks man. What oil do you use anyway? I've been questioning whether or not going with a lighter weight oil is better or not to make sure the bearings are properly lubricated.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info