Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So I went fishing recently.

Here's my fishin pole (high powered magnet on a wooden skewer stick :hsugh: ) :

Here's my fishin hole:

Here's what I caught while fishin:

Here's what happened after fishing:

Went outta town the day after the last RSD, so I haven't had a chance to post up what happened.

Went to RSD last month and the car ran pretty damn good. DA was shit and the car was matching PB times and ET. Everything went well. On the way home I was cruisin down an empty highway @ about 60mph and felt the engine stumble just a tad and keep running along no prob, looked down to check things and see the oil pressure just under 20psi...

Pulled over and so did my chase truck which was full of buddies who came up with me.... (Mook, Greasy, Utryd2, Phillip Forumballs, Blowerinabox) and I checked the oil. Came out shimmering on a clean white towel. I immediately called spun bearing... but the guys and I decided to toss an oil change in it right then and there. So we left it at the gas station, ran and got stuff to change the oil and even after that... you could hear that it was hurt. We ended up getting it towed home.... slowest tow ever... took the truck until 5am to get to us. Finally got home and the sun was coming up. Huge thanks to the guys for sticking it out with me and keeping me from losing my mind.

Got the car torn down late last week, but the motor is still in the car until I can get my lift back. Going to be dropping in another LS1 crank, all new bearings and some head gaskets. Hoping it'll be back up and running in time for the fall track day. :x:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, it does. But shouldn't be too bad. Crank machining is ~$250, bearings about $200, head gaskets about $100 plus my own blood sweat and tears.... God knows this car has taken plenty of that from me already.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
not again actually. the last failure was a timing chain snap. this is a minor spun bearing. last time that happened was a few thousand miles after I bought the car, on a completely stock motor.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
when the pan comes off, we'll know. thankfully I have another crank ready to go to the machine shop.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
She'll be back doing more of this soon enough :naughty:

[youtubehd]ArUITEmtu54[/youtubehd]

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep! It's all good. All you can do is fix it and get back to racin! :D

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
Donating Member
Reaction score
what.
the.
fuck.

i thought my car fought me on every single thing.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Me? LOL... I think I have it covered w/the 2012 Lariat F150 ecoboost, no?? :rofl:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh hell, the F150 gets more races on the street than the TA does. No one wants to touch the TA anymore. :wtc:

6literEat'r

Reaction score
fuck man, i know how you feel with shit breakin..
ive got my car down to a science too, quite sickening...

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
took me MAYBE 2hrs to tear it down that far... and only the 2 engine mount bolts and trans are left before I can yank it.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
:fu: I feel your pain lol I dont think ive put a full tank of gas through my car with out it braking something this summer

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
fuck man, i know how you feel with shit breakin..
ive got my car down to a science too, quite sickening...
Saw you on rt59 yesterday. I was with your niehbor Turbo Joe getting a tire replaced.
took me MAYBE 2hrs to tear it down that far... and only the 2 engine mount bolts and trans are left before I can yank it.
Damn this sucks man. What oil do you use anyway? I've been questioning whether or not going with a lighter weight oil is better or not to make sure the bearings are properly lubricated.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was running penz 10w/30. The weight was specified by precision. The oil had <500mi on it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom