Going to see about a truck

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Dude what a let down! Sorry to hear ?
Yea seriously I was pretty excited and thought this was the truck I've been looking for! At the end of the day, it was a lesson learned. I can already laugh about it and at least I didn't wire the guy money and have the thing shipped to me!

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Yea seriously I was pretty excited and thought this was the truck I've been looking for! At the end of the day, it was a lesson learned. I can already laugh about it and at least I didn't wire the guy money and have the thing shipped to me!
No shit for as bad as stuff was it could have been a lot worse.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Welp, wasted a weekend, 1,900 miles of gas, and a $150 trailer rental. Got there and the paint job from 2015 was complete shit. Bad prep spots on every single panel, clear coat pop all over, paint literally peeling off the tail gate, and a few small other things that weren't mentioned. The truck was still fairly clean, but at the end of the day, I would have needed to spend 10-12k to strip the truck down to bare metal and have it all redone. I thought about it, and I just didn't want to be 30k invested in this truck when I can buy a low mile original paint truck for that.

Also, the guy showed me the receipt for the paint job, and it was a $2,700 job. I was like that explains a lot...

SO, lesson learned I'm not driving across the country like that ever again and taking someone's word on condition of vehicle.

that completely blows absolutely blows. the time is likely most aggravating.

this is legit why if i get REAL serious on anything new going forward, not near me, www.lemonsquad.com

saved me a bunch of headaches as i talked about here:

and yeah, as DEEZUZ DEEZUZ mentioned, frank frank works for 'em

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Will Smith Reaction GIF

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
that completely blows absolutely blows. the time is likely most aggravating.

this is legit why if i get REAL serious on anything new going forward, not near me, www.lemonsquad.com

saved me a bunch of headaches as i talked about here:

and yeah, as DEEZUZ DEEZUZ mentioned, frank frank works for 'em

Thanks man.
I'm going to give you what you are craving so you can finally stfu...lol

DEEZUZ DEEZUZ you were right bro!!! I'm not sure how I could have been so stoopid. In the future, I will consult with the all knowing D!
Everyone has a different definition of a nice vehicle.
True, but the seller definitely should have been more upfront about OBVIOUS issues. I spent quite a bit of time on the phone asking him about everything on the truck. The paint job was one of them.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Thanks man.

I'm going to give you what you are craving so you can finally stfu...lol

DEEZUZ DEEZUZ you were right bro!!! I'm not sure how I could have been so stoopid. In the future, I will consult with the all knowing D!

True, but the seller definitely should have been more upfront about OBVIOUS issues. I spent quite a bit of time on the phone asking him about everything on the truck. The paint job was one of them.

id be so fucking annoyed, that's far.

i did the whole rent-a-trailer thing and go south of peoria last summer, but fuck, 1900 miles round trip to come back empty handed will at least be a good story at some point.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Love this forum :ROFLMAO:.

I'm just curious how the owner took the news after you picked it apart because obviously he thinks he has gold
He was good about it. I mean, he had to know that I would probably see all the issues. If anything, I probably should have been yelling at the guy asking wtf.
id be so fucking annoyed, that's far.

i did the whole rent-a-trailer thing and go south of peoria last summer, but fuck, 1900 miles round trip to come back empty handed will at least be a good story at some point.
I was pretty annoyed for about 2 hours, and then got over it. I'm looking at the situation, as it could have been worse. I could have bought the truck and had it shipped, and then have been really pissed. Things happen for a reason...

Reactions: DEEZUZ and blue-sun

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Love this forum :ROFLMAO:.

I'm just curious how the owner took the news after you picked it apart because obviously he thinks he has gold
For real

Years ago I bought a car sight unseen from a forum, we had lots of conversations on the phone and via messages, luckily the seller was upfront about everything and he picked me up at the airport in it and we drove straight to his bank and did the transaction there. Sucks to have to drive all that way for nothing.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
He was good about it. I mean, he had to know that I would probably see all the issues. If anything, I probably should have been yelling at the guy asking wtf.

I was pretty annoyed for about 2 hours, and then got over it. I'm looking at the situation, as it could have been worse. I could have bought the truck and had it shipped, and then have been really pissed. Things happen for a reason...
Was there any talk about him moving on his price after seeing all the issues that might have swayed you to buy it anyway?

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Was there any talk about him moving on his price after seeing all the issues that might have swayed you to buy it anyway?
Yes, he offered it up for 14k. For me, I'd have to get that truck for 10k to make it worth my while, and quite frankly I really didn't even want it due to the hassle of the amount of work needed to get the truck right.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020

Reactions: Mr_Roboto

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL

Red one was bought. Saw the guy post on the 1st gen board already.

Black one I can tell is a turd.

White one looks the most promising, but it had a repaint with metal replacement and was a Detroit truck so its probably got more rot in places like the radiator core.

Reactions: blue-sun

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Red one was bought. Saw the guy post on the 1st gen board already.

Black one I can tell is a turd.

White one looks the most promising, but it had a repaint with metal replacement and was a Detroit truck so its probably got more rot in places like the radiator core.
Those were the only 3 I found via Autotempest that weren't 40k.

• Wow
Reactions: Mr_Roboto
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info