giphy.gif

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Stock. I've already got a car to go fast. I just really love the look and sound of these trucks, so this would be a nice cruise night toy. Wife can even bring this out with my son while me and daughter are in the Stang. Trying to turn this into a family hobby...lol
I mean at least a cam swap maybe heads though right? :s00ls:

• Haha
Reactions: Jeffs FRC and frank

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Probably not...lol.

Not to say if I have a bunch of cash laying around down the road that I wouldn't do a nice TT Coyote backed by a 6R80.

This thing is speed density. Mass-Air conversions were BIG bucks and rare. So they are hard to find. So swapping cams, heads, and so on would mean a lot of work or a standalone. I mean, you could do one of those tiny "Speed Density friendly" cam with the stock heads and chip. But why bother? haha So leave it stock or do a complete engine/EFI swap.

The 7.3L Godzilla should be the swap of choice.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
This thing is speed density. Mass-Air conversions were BIG bucks and rare. So they are hard to find. So swapping cams, heads, and so on would mean a lot of work or a standalone. I mean, you could do one of those tiny "Speed Density friendly" cam with the stock heads and chip. But why bother? haha So leave it stock or do a complete engine/EFI swap.

The 7.3L Godzilla should be the swap of choice.
Yea I was wondering what the limits are with speed density. Like I said, not even looking to mod it at all.
It's already not stock.
Lol cmon. It’s got an ignition box, exhaust work, a stock stall converter and a valve body to help it shift a little better. In the grand scheme of things, it’s pretty darn stock.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Welp, wasted a weekend, 1,900 miles of gas, and a $150 trailer rental. Got there and the paint job from 2015 was complete shit. Bad prep spots on every single panel, clear coat pop all over, paint literally peeling off the tail gate, and a few small other things that weren't mentioned. The truck was still fairly clean, but at the end of the day, I would have needed to spend 10-12k to strip the truck down to bare metal and have it all redone. I thought about it, and I just didn't want to be 30k invested in this truck when I can buy a low mile original paint truck for that.

Also, the guy showed me the receipt for the paint job, and it was a $2,700 job. I was like that explains a lot...

SO, lesson learned I'm not driving across the country like that ever again and taking someone's word on condition of vehicle.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Welp, wasted a weekend, 1,900 miles of gas, and a $150 trailer rental. Got there and the paint job from 2015 was complete shit. Bad prep spots on every single panel, clear coat pop all over, paint literally peeling off the tail gate, and a few small other things that weren't mentioned. The truck was still fairly clean, but at the end of the day, I would have needed to spend 10-12k to strip the truck down to bare metal and have it all redone. I thought about it, and I just didn't want to be 30k invested in this truck when I can buy a low mile original paint truck for that.

Also, the guy showed me the receipt for the paint job, and it was a $2,700 job. I was like that explains a lot...

SO, lesson learned I'm not driving across the country like that ever again and taking someone's word on condition of vehicle.
With your luck on vehicles, maybe you should ride a bicycle.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
DEEZUZ DEEZUZ thanks bud! I'll discuss future buys with you so you can be my consultant.

With your luck on vehicles, maybe you should ride a bicycle.
Wife has been driving the shit out of the van and its been good since we got it back. Keep our fingers crossed! We've never had a problem vehicle before so my luck has been pretty good actually...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info