Going to see about a truck

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Been trying to find a clean one that isn’t crazy expensive for the past couple years. Think this is it…I hope! Lol
FBA9719D-B28F-43E9-AB28-E37577A759F4.jpeg

D26879C3-CE46-4D50-A95A-04A98C128DB4.jpeg

4520AD7D-8412-43F0-A7C8-0DF9B7A955AB.jpeg

32EA021E-D7C7-4BC2-99CF-08DC33421152.jpeg

72ADEE22-F5E6-4451-A5AA-6A0FDD57077B.jpeg

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Is this something you would leave stock or do a modern motor swap into? Looks fucking great!
Stock. I've already got a car to go fast. I just really love the look and sound of these trucks, so this would be a nice cruise night toy. Wife can even bring this out with my son while me and daughter are in the Stang. Trying to turn this into a family hobby...lol

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Sorry man. I was showing the pics to a few guys in our circle and you were near.
Love it man, good luck!
Thanks! Owner is a super cool guy, at least over the phone. And he’s literally holding the truck for me without a deposit even though I offered one. Already have the trailer reserved to pick up down there.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
What site / forum/ Facebook did you find this on?
The 1st gen Lightning group on Facebook. The guy technically didn't make a post. He replied to another member asking about Lightnings for sale. Guy posted a couple pics and I was all over his DM's and friend requests. These trucks go FAST if they're not rotted out pos's.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Nice. There was a guy on Turbo Mustangs who ran something like bottom 11s with one of those and an S400 on almost no boost. Not saying you should but probably saying that you should.

The engine is somewhat of a rarity from what I understand as 351Ws with factory roller setups were only made for a select few years.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
When do you pick it up?
Saturday.
Nice. There was a guy on Turbo Mustangs who ran something like bottom 11s with one of those and an S400 on almost no boost. Not saying you should but probably saying that you should.

The engine is somewhat of a rarity from what I understand as 351Ws with factory roller setups were only made for a select few years.
This thing will be staying really close to stock. Cats have been deleted already and it has a couple Flowmasters. MSD ignition box, a PTC torque converter, and a Punisher valve body.

I don’t believe these 351’s are actually roller equipped.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Mr_Roboto

TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Saturday.

This thing will be staying really close to stock. Cats have been deleted already and it has a couple Flowmasters. MSD ignition box, a PTC torque converter, and a Punisher valve body.

I don’t believe these 351’s are actually roller equipped.
Seems like you're correct. Depending on the mfg of it (apparently as early as April of '93 by this) it may be a roller ready block. Regardless would be fun to toss a letter cam into.

The Bronco 5.0L went Roller Ready in 1987. The 5.8L Bronco went Roller Ready in 1994. With that being said, Ford began using the 1994 5.8L Roller Ready block in Broncos around April 1993. This is why some 1993 5.8L Broncos are anomalies regarding correct parts due to this transition.

You can confirm whether you have a roller block by simply looking at the block part number to see if it is an F4TE Block. This will be located on the passenger side, above the starter and immediately adjacent to the Oil Pan. You will probably need to clean the area and use a flashlight. If you find an OEM F4TE Block, it would indeed be Roller Ready.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Depends on if they were using old or new engines at the time. Probably is, but I'd still check for markings before buying any parts. :)

They're an under rated engine with boost IMO. Regardless of any future mods, awesome score.
From my quick searching it seems like Ford made the switch to the F4TE block sometime in March/April so this late 93 build should be the roller block. I’ll check it out though.

And I’m definitely not buying this for speed. Like I said, it’s a cool time piece and I just love these OBS F150’s.

Mr_Roboto

TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
From my quick searching it seems like Ford made the switch to the F4TE block sometime in March/April so this late 93 build should be the roller block. I’ll check it out though.

And I’m definitely not buying this for speed. Like I said, it’s a cool time piece and I just love these OBS F150’s.
Fuck the metal's heavy enough they last forever too.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
I love these trucks too. Hope it all works out and you bring it home!
I don’t see me not taking it, but you never know. The owner has sent me tons of vids and pics. The underbody is the cleanest I’ve seen for a truck this price… by a long shot. I would guess if I get it back here and do a good detail and make a nice ad, I could easily get in the low 20’s for it. Total rot boxes are going for 10k right now.
Fuck the metal's heavy enough they last forever too.
Finding one without rot is surprisingly difficult. Especially if they’ve spent any time in the rust belt.

Reactions: LikeABauce302
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info