Going forward, racist remarks of ANY kind will be nuked.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
Another personal attack? To be expected I guess. I really like most of the people on this forum.

FYI, since you don't seem to know, I was a well known poster on SVTP and ModFords, one of the two biggest players (along with Chicago Mike) in the fight against Ford on the pop/tink rear axle issue that Ford eventually worked hard to fix after our posts brought attention to it, an owner of the Cobra performance parts company LDC Chicago, along with Lyle and Dana (RIP), was one of the original members of CSVT and Jack asked me to be a mod shortly after that. If anybody has one instance of me making a poor mod decision in 15 years, I'd like to hear about it because I haven't ever had a complaint until now. Congrats on being the first.

What have you done, that would justify your credibility and comments, if I might be so bold to ask?

I mean there's almost 48,000 instances on this forum alone :iorofl:

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Man, you sure do love to play the victim role, Good God. :bowrofl:

Nobody is attacking you personally, they're simply saying that you're a moderator and should damn well know the difference between discrimination and racism, and should be able to nuke posts that are seen as racist.

Let me ask you this about your mod credentials, when was the last time you nuked a post for being too offensive and/or PM/DM'ed a member to tell them to tone it down?

If Im being honest, most of the times Ive seen a post that could be considered offensive, I usually see you posting after it and the post remains.

All Mook Mook is asking you to do is if you see a questionable post, take it down and it can be discussed with the staff. I assume you guys have a staff/moderator only area to discuss this kind of shit?

If someone is debating with sickmint79 sickmint79 about poverty rates in the black community, that should be fine. If someone posts a Black Friday video of a bunch of people mobbing each other for a TV, and someone posts "looks like the chimp display at the zoo..." then that's probably not okay.

Use your common sense and stop with the "well how do I know if it's racist... what exactly is racism?!?!?"

No matter the race, seeing a bunch of people mob over Black Friday TV deals does mirror the chimp display at the Brookfield zoo.

No different than the video of the two large white women fighting in the Walmart Shampoo aisle resembling two Rhinos going at it in the Sahara.

Trash is trash
Animals are animals

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
The more I think about it, we are probably undermining the intelligence and stature of these different animals by comparing the human trash with them.

The zoo monkeys, rhinos, snakes, etc. probably have higher intelligence, structure, strength and overall value in this world than the human trash we are referencing.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
No matter the race, seeing a bunch of people mob over Black Friday TV deals does mirror the chimp display at the Brookfield zoo.

No different than the video of the two large white women fighting in the Walmart Shampoo aisle resembling two Rhinos going at it in the Sahara.

Trash is trash
Animals are animals

And you understand the racial stereotypes involved in these statements correct?

All Mook Mook is asking is that theyre not said so that all members of the site on here currently are happy, and new members are not thinking the site is full of a bunch of racist assholes.

It's not much that is being asked of the members here.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
And you understand the racial stereotypes involved in these statements correct?

All Mook Mook is asking is that theyre not said so that all members of the site on here currently are happy, and new members are not thinking the site is full of a bunch of racist assholes.

It's not much that is being asked of the members here.

Some of us view trash as trash no matter the race.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
It's incredible how deeply personal alot of you take a thread that is simply a reminder to not be an asshole. This could have easily died out in under an hour from its creation but instead everyone needs to be a comedian or act like suddenly everything is changing and the site is ruined.

Don't be a dickbag. Think about how others view your comments and the community. If you truly give a shit about the site, this is an easy discussion to understand and move on from.

This is the key. Its not about “you”. It’s about how Mike wants the site to be viewed. I’ve often been embarrassed to share or mention this site at work or in my industry because of how easy it is to run into intolerant, disparaging comments about race.

Last edited:

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
It’s not about you, per say, because you’re here already but it definitely inhibits the site from

This is the key. Its not about “you”. It’s about how Mike wants the site to be viewed. I’ve often been embarrassed to share or mention this site at work or in my industry because of how easy it is to run into intolerant, disparaging comments about race.
:rofl:

because all the auto forums are so PC :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I’ve often been embarrassed to share or mention this site at work or in my industry because of how easy it is to run into intolerant, disparaging comments about race.

The fact you had to type this is all anyone should need to read. It's not hard.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
yup. act like an animal, get called an animal.

referencing gorillas for black people though, might be crossing that line

I would agree with this. I don't see harm in calling a human an animal, no racial undertones there. But the gorilla/chimp thing does have racial undertones...specifically if you're referencing a non-white person.

Red Alert

Addict
Aug 10, 2012
I’m sorry, I just don’t see the blatant racism that people claim in this forum.. and it’s always the same people who bitch about it and use it as an excuse to disappear for months only to come back, complain, rinse and repeat.

Going back 5-6 years ago, maybe, but surely nothing in the past few years that would/should make someone embarrassed or appalled to come to this forum... Like come on!

The reality is that we all live in the same world and deal with how many different and unique personalities each and every day; it’s life. Get over it... like many here I’m on this forum to decompress from the work day, have a few laughs at what I read, and to just see what other car enthusiasts talk about - it’s not to be taken so serious - that’s what your daily life is with your family and co-workers.

I fully comprehend what the goal of this thread is but you may just be doing more harm than good. This is obviously just my personal opinion, but I would hate to see members leave over something that is being exaggerated... some people need to just put their big boy pants on and understand they’re getting upset over words. Merely. Words.

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
So now everyone will stop making fun of the Terminator Cobra and its owners?? WTF I sold mine cause I couldn't take the abuse any longer!! in all seriousness, I'm with you Mook Mook on this, though I cant say I have really seen any real nastiness on here in awhile. crazy as it is all of you guys are pretty cool and respectful.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
So now everyone will stop making fun of the Terminator Cobra and its owners?? WTF I sold mine cause I couldn't take the abuse any longer!! in all seriousness, I'm with you Mook Mook on this, though I cant say I have really seen any real nastiness on here in awhile. crazy as it is all of you guys are pretty cool and respectful.

I just now noticed your Screen Name change.... And it all makes more sense. Yup this guy thought we had some new member with a Porsche. #idiot

Reactions: MrMezger996

Thread Info