Going forward, racist remarks of ANY kind will be nuked.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Thread went how I thought it would when I first saw it posted. I think a majority of people on here are good dudes who don't post up much racially inappropriate stuff. I have met some really good people on here, and I hope others have as well.

I focus on the good stuff here and not the bad, but I can see how some things get out of hand. I don't have an issue with moderation on here when needed. I feel like Mook and others go out of their way quite a bit to make this a great community. It would be nice if we could represent ourselves in a more respectful way at times.

It is unfortunate that some members have been pushed away because of racially motivated comments. Ideally that would never happen, but people will people. Mostly this place is an escape from day to day life, and everyone should be able to enjoy it that way IMO.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Agreed. I haven't been on here regularly in a couple years but this place was terrible. Just an echo chamber of assholes and it wasn't fun to participate any longer. There's a difference between having a difference of opinion and saying things that are overtly racist. People used to spell out the word N-I-G-G-E-R one letter at a time, one post at a time. And it takes multiple people to make that happen. What kind of pathetic "culture" is being bread on this forum that is ok? The sheer irony of a bunch of children declaring their superiority over another race/ culture in such a blatantly ignorant fashion is overwhelming.

Then people started getting intentionally vague so that if they were called out they could just say they were misunderstood or people are reading into it. One of the long time SHO members (E) made a comment suggesting that a white girl was ruined because she was with a black man. When he was called on it he simply doubled down on his position. Nevermind the fact that a middle age adult seems to have a tenuous grasp on how female anatomy works, he should have been banned right then and there. There is never a better time than now to cut this kind of bullshit out.

I fucking cringe every time I see some shit like what's in the first paragraph. Thankfully never saw what happened in the second one. That seems like ignorance at its ugliest. I just wish that people would self regulate a bit better overall than to need someone asking them to keep it to themselves.

Where I disagree would be the idea is at the point you can't have a discussion about legitimate topics that involve things like race or culture. I think it's important not to conflate the two as some people do both of ignorance and for leverage in a debate. What you're talking about is easy to pinpoint in many if not most cases.

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
phew, i was almost worried.
source.gif

Reactions: daturbosix

Thread Info