Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
yes, i have a sick obsession with skylines in general so now that we're past that, this car looks so sick in black :wackit:

front-angled-gtr.jpg

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I hate the front end on those GTRs. They look like a 350z and a celica had a head on collision. Other than that, the car is damn hot.

<Nissan designer meeting> Today were going to take a G35 coupe, put some marano headlights on, corvette tails, big wheels, then drop a bored out VQ35 in, and twin turbo it. We will call it the GTR.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
<Nissan designer meeting> Today were going to take a G35 coupe, put some marano headlights on, corvette tails, big wheels, then drop a bored out VQ35 in, and twin turbo it. We will call it the GTR.

Yeah really. Put a high pricetag on anything, and people will think its awesome.

Chitowngst

My sig is my bitch!
Jan 25, 2008
Burbs.
Yeah, you know... people will only like the car because it says GTR. Not because the only production car faster on the Ring is a Carrera GT. :mb:

Wait, plus it's 180mph capabilities, or the 480HP and the ability to spank everything on the road but one car (the Carrera GT) for around 80K.

Yeah, people will only think it's cool because it says GTR.

Last edited:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
well the GTR has already proven it can beat the z06 around a track and we both know in a straight line the z06 wins....so really they're both amazing cars and u cant go wrong w/ either but ill sack ride skylines until i'm old and cant remember what a car even is

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
well the GTR has already proven it can beat the z06 around a track and we both know in a straight line the z06 wins....so really they're both amazing cars and u cant go wrong w/ either but ill sack ride skylines until i'm old and cant remember what a car even is

Proof? Besides that single ring lap time? Which some people even said it didnt have stock tires for...

Untill there are times released for both factory stock cars driven on the same day by the same guy, than I will believe the current Z06 is slower than the (not even out yet in the US) GTR.

Im sure when the new ZR1 and new GTR are released they will have alot of head to get competitions between the two.

I think the current Z06 (the not out yet, ZR1) and the (not out yet) GTR are direct competitors. There both flagship cars for there manufactures that are designed to go balls out around a track. Both are simular prices, except the ZR1 which would probably be a little more. Why would motor trend put out a article where the title "Corvette killer - Nissan GTR" on the cover of there magazine if this wasnt the case?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
the zr1 is in a league of its own and is going to cost upwards of 100k after all is said and done. the current c6 Z06 has MORE hp and is lighter then the new GTR. those two cars are in direct competition...not the zr1. theres more than enough proof both thru NUMEROUS reviews and track tests that the GTR will have no problem handing the z06 its ass on the track...maybe not the drag strip, but at an actual road course.

the new GTR is a full 2 seconds faster than the c6z at the ring and thats the benchmark for a production car, and dont give me the bullshit that it wasnt running stock tires or was running some better tune or had the boost cranked up. thats an official number that has yet to be proven otherwise. i give credit where credit is due and the c6z is a fucking monster with enormous potential but hell, both cars are MORE than capable of producing great numbers and the fact of the matter is NONE OF US will ever have the chance to drive one to their full potential

end rant

oh and lets not forget that the new viper is quicker around a track than the c6z....surprised no one pissed a fit about that :mamoru:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info