God damn the new GTR looks sick in black

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
the zr1 is in a league of its own and is going to cost upwards of 100k after all is said and done. the current c6 Z06 has MORE hp and is lighter then the new GTR. those two cars are in direct competition...not the zr1. theres more than enough proof both thru NUMEROUS reviews and track tests that the GTR will have no problem handing the z06 its ass on the track...maybe not the drag strip, but at an actual road course.

the new GTR is a full 2 seconds faster than the c6z at the ring and thats the benchmark for a production car, and dont give me the bullshit that it wasnt running stock tires or was running some better tune or had the boost cranked up. thats an official number that has yet to be proven otherwise. i give credit where credit is due and the c6z is a fucking monster with enormous potential but hell, both cars are MORE than capable of producing great numbers and the fact of the matter is NONE OF US will ever have the chance to drive one to their full potential

end rant

oh and lets not forget that the new viper is quicker around a track than the c6z....surprised no one pissed a fit about that

How is the new ZR1 in a league of its own? Because no one can build anything for that price than can compete with it? Its funny we talk about the ZR1 but are there any 1/4 mile, track, or top speed stats out for it yet? We all just assume its going to out perform the current Z06.

Two seconds, I think that could easily be made up with a better Z06 driver or better weather conditions. Where are the other track tests besides the ring lap time? Because I haven't heard of any yet.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
How is the new ZR1 in a league of its own? Because no one can build anything for that price than can compete with it? Its funny we talk about the ZR1 but are there any 1/4 mile, track, or top speed stats out for it yet? We all just assume its going to out perform the current Z06.

Two seconds, I think that could easily be made up with a better Z06 driver or better weather conditions. Where are the other track tests besides the ring lap time? Because I haven't heard of any yet.

:rofl: the zr1 damn well better put up better numbers w/ 100+ extra hp and a price tag of 100,000 bucks

better weather conditions? i think the GTR actually set that time on a semi WET course....do some research before you start a debate on this with me

oh and for other track times, post up some for the c6z...same thing can be said for that. aside from magazine skid pad and other misc times, u dont really see any posting up times. its a very capable car but put the SAME driver in both cars on the same day and ill be $100 bucks the GTR will win

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
oh and dont take my love for the skyline as me being a ricer or me hating domestic or me hating the vette b/c thats FAR from the case, but every flipping message board i go on, people shrug off the GTR like a heap of shit maxima that nissan put together

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
i dont think it matters about the GTR because i see C6z's almost everyday and i somehow doubt i will ever see a new GTR. the chances i will drive or race a GTR? very low... the chances i will drive or race a C6z? much much higher

a valid statement and one that really does make the previous argument void....ill never own or drive a GTR in my lifetime unless someone i know buys one....a c6z on the other hand ive been in so i at least got that going for me

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info