god damn cold weather

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Fuck, -4 outside again. Ive gotta work in Addison today changing out a rooftop unit too. Its a crane lift, so I have to be stuck outside for at least two hours till we get the crane outta there.Then time to sit in the van to defrost for an hour. I froze my ass off yesterday morning, and I couldnt have been much more bundled up than I was.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
man..i was just bragging two days ago about how old my battery was and how ive never had a problem..what happens?? wont hold a charge for its life now..ooh well guess it was about time for a new one...wow now that i think about it that battery made it for about 6 years, not bad.

6 years is crazy long life. I change them out every 3 years, even if it's not showing signs.

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
Doesnt your engine still think its trying to warm up if the thermostat says its still cold after a while of warming up? And i believe, correct me if i'm wrong, that the fuel system runs rich when you're warming it up. So then it would waste fuel to not have a free piece of cardboard. Plus i think it looks cool, like my PT is showing its true self: strong in box form, but once you get it outta shape it falls apart.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
They're lucky I'm at school, because otherwise one of their cars would be stuck in the driveway over night. For some reason every car I've owned was deemed a garage spot :D

Lucky, I've had one for about a month since my mom saw a mouse in the garage and now refuses to park in there. It really doesn't do me much good because i stay with my girlfriend 6 out of 7 nights a week.

I just realized my battery is 6 years old too, original one that came with the car. Probably explains why it never starts after sitting for a week.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
6 years is crazy long life. I change them out every 3 years, even if it's not showing signs.

i've had the same battery in my car since i bought the car in 04, and I dont know how long the batter was in it before that. :eek: thats some kinda amazing for batteries out here cuz the heat kills batteries worse than cold. Out here they only usually last about 2 years. i dont like talkin about it tho cuz i know like tony as soon as i brag about it, its gonna die on me. haha. ive probably already jinxed myself

01Cobra

I had fun. Left work late and an empty P-lot. Turned the TC off and did some donuts and a few left to right drifts. Ill admit I did let the rear come to far sideways and it tried to come around on me so I just whipped another donut. :) Turned the TC back on and let the winter tires do there work on the way home. Fun over.

01Cobra

i've had the same battery in my car since i bought the car in 04, and I dont know how long the batter was in it before that. :eek: thats some kinda amazing for batteries out here cuz the heat kills batteries worse than cold. Out here they only usually last about 2 years. i dont like talkin about it tho cuz i know like tony as soon as i brag about it, its gonna die on me. haha. ive probably already jinxed myself

Im sitting on the factory battery. 2001 Cobra. It is 2008. I got a good one. Had it checked to my amazement still putting out proper volts and cranking amps.

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
My buddy owns an SRT-4 putting our somewhere around 400hp and who knows what torque, but his winter tires dig into the snow like a bear claw. Lords knows how he got through the one winter on the stock summer tires. Too bad the only downfall is the rims do not give the rotors and calipers enough cooling, so after he was done racing a 911 carrera he didnt have brakes after a couple seconds.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info