GMR prices gone full retard.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
supply and demand. If you're the only dude with one for sale and 30 people want one, you get to name your price when there are no other options. This sounds like a great reason to not build a FWD 3800 car

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
thats why no one builds really fast ones any more, you could just buy a new camaro for the price of a built trans

98GrandPrixIraqVet

Reaction score
and i refuse to put a 4t6fail in my caged car ill struggle with the 4t80 instead for less than the cost of the chain alone.

i get it gmr parts are expensive but this shits out of control i should have fucking bought a chain and torsen from greg pritt when i had the chance. i still regret it.

x28687586838757599 on the 6th gen :rofl: 5100 dollars in parts makes at least a few months of BRAND new payments lolololololol!!!!

more reason for me to fucking hate the 4t6fail and the price gouging.

:dunno: :picard:

ZephTheChef

Reaction score
How about we just don't worry about the transmissions since nobody actually makes it to the track anyway?

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
$5100 you could turn that engine 90 degrees, buy a rear end and trans and make it actually hook.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
That you're not using because it's broken...?

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
its not getting used yet since its getting the thrust washer upgrade....and i may machine off the planetary section to make it bolt on so i can machine a housing to hold the 3.05 diff gears and get a 2.84 FDR.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Well if you fix it you can sell it for more than the car is worth. BAM.

98GrandPrixIraqVet

Reaction score
go figure now that i have the cash to buy some dickhole sky rockets the prices.

excuse me while i hang myself for not buying parts from greg pritt when i was on the pay as we go installment plan and pickup when paid in full. ive been to his house twice 2nd time all gmr parts were poof gone.

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
Well if you fix it you can sell it for more than the car is worth. BAM.
I talked to wally a lot during the two days we were there hunched over OEM cutty prints.

if kevin can get 10k for his trans parts that's most of what youd need to do a fox rearend/tunnel/chassis good to the 8's.

the frontend wouldn't need any modifications as a removable K member can be made and keep all the OEm unibody except the rear seat/trunk pan.

it'd be half as much as what we're spending :rofl:

the problem is trying to SELL the trans/turbo stuff and having to fab all rwd stuff.

as it is now this is a buick heritage/tribute car for posterity.

the most he could do to improve the car is toss everything onto that minty 17k black/black GSX. and that's merely a subframe and suspension swap.

I have a twin engine fish to fry soon....

GTPpower

Reaction score
and i refuse to put a 4t6fail in my caged car ill struggle with the 4t80 instead for less than the cost of the chain alone.

i get it gmr parts are expensive but this shits out of control i should have fucking bought a chain and torsen from greg pritt when i had the chance. i still regret it.

x28687586838757599 on the 6th gen :rofl: 5100 dollars in parts makes at least a few months of BRAND new payments lolololololol!!!!

more reason for me to fucking hate the 4t6fail and the price gouging.

:dunno: :picard:
What would you want to pay for a gmr chain?

98GrandPrixIraqVet

Reaction score
I talked to wally a lot during the two days we were there hunched over OEM cutty prints.

if kevin can get 10k for his trans parts that's most of what youd need to do a fox rearend/tunnel/chassis good to the 8's.

the frontend wouldn't need any modifications as a removable K member can be made and keep all the OEm unibody except the rear seat/trunk pan.

it'd be half as much as what we're spending :rofl:

the problem is trying to SELL the trans/turbo stuff and having to fab all rwd stuff.

as it is now this is a buick heritage/tribute car for posterity.

the most he could do to improve the car is toss everything onto that minty 17k black/black GSX. and that's merely a subframe and suspension swap.

I have a twin engine fish to fry soon....
sayyy what a 17k mile black wbody regal gsx :eek3: :noes: do those exist with such low miles?

ohh and pick me for more turbo and trans parts....... well until my wallet starts to cry anyways........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom