GMC Hummer EV set to debut tonight

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Lol base model comes out in 2024 and gets 250 miles range and costs $80k? Looks like they didn’t really want to sell many of these. I mean the $112k one is pretty cool I guess except the range sucks. 350 miles out of 200KWh might be the least efficient EV ever built.
Just for reference, the top end cybertruck gets over 500 miles of range and is faster 0-60 and costs under 70k. now of course I get the cybertruck isn’t everybody’s cup of tea, but the important thing to realize is that the specs are that much better at a much lower cost
Welp. There's some perspective.

Fack.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
all ev range seems like a pain to deal with for long trips.

100%, especially since this is a TRUCK... Like, guys on the 6.7 Powerstroke pages complain constantly about their short bed trucks having 26 gallon tanks and only getting 300 miles of towing range before a fuel stop lmao. Imagine taking the family on a road trip to the Grand Canyon and having to stop for 45 minutes every 200 miles...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
100%, especially since this is a TRUCK... Like, guys on the 6.7 Powerstroke pages complain constantly about their short bed trucks having 26 gallon tanks and only getting 300 miles of towing range before a fuel stop lmao. Imagine taking the family on a road trip to the Grand Canyon and having to stop for 45 minutes every 200 miles...
Oh fuck man you're gonna awake the RANGE ANXIETY ISN'T A THING crowd. Look the fuck out.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I have an auxiliary 90 gallon fuel tank on top of my trucks 38 gallon primary so I can drive from here to the Rockies and back without having to search for good fuel.

Your turn :s00ls:
That’s a good problem to have, end of Nebraska and beginning of Colorado suck for fuel stops.

Reactions: Yaj Yak and Outlaw

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
That’s a good problem to have, end of Nebraska and beginning of Colorado suck for fuel stops.

Exactly why I have the tanks now. Hell, the western half of Iowa is hit or miss if you’re going through after 9pm. Lots of small town stations with bankers hours. I also prefer to make that run overnight. If I leave at 7pm I can make it to the Springs in time for an omelette lol.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Point being, I won’t be an EV truck customer for some time unless there is a rapid change in battery technology and a major expansion of the 800 V charging network.

They still interest the fuck out of me for a daily, but I’d still like at least 400-500 highway miles of range and a solid charging infrastructure.

With that being said, I actually like how that thing looks all around, front end included. Granted, compared to the Tesla Cabinet Shim just about anything looks good.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Don't tell zooomer. ICE is dead and worthless tech bro

ah shit. i should tag him so he comes in here and calls you a mindless idiot not capable of having a real conversation

Z zooomer

fuck Chester Copperpot Chester Copperpot do you NOT understand the concept of EX-PO-MOTHER-FUCKING-NENTIAL ADOPTION AND TECHNOLOGY IMPROVEMENTS?!

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
How is this thing going to be charged and how long will it take? I'm assuming 200 kwh will take a while to charge
That’s the problem with inefficiency. If it got that same mileage with a 100kwh battery it would go 2x as far for a given amount of charge time.

that’s why even with a hummer, efficiency is important. To just say “it’s a hummer, it’s not supposed to be efficient” misses this point completely. Efficiency isn’t just for tree huggers. It makes charging take less time

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

This stuff is good to know! I always took it for granted that there were always just places to grab gas along the interstate.

Never had an issue before but havent traveled as much as many of you have/do. Seemed goo on the trip to Rapid City a few weeks ago, and then I went to Lincoln two weeks ago only needed to stop once in Grinnell Iowa, then the next time for gas was in Lincoln.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
This stuff is good to know! I always took it for granted that there were always just places to grab gas along the interstate.

Never had an issue before but havent traveled as much as many of you have/do. Seemed goo on the trip to Rapid City a few weeks ago, and then I went to Lincoln two weeks ago only needed to stop once in Grinnell Iowa, then the next time for gas was in Lincoln.
It’s either real janky stations that close at 5 or just flat out aren’t any for miles and miles. I always top off in north platte with fuel and drinks/food.

Reactions: FESTER665
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info