image.jpg

Taken 5 feet from my toolbox

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
FFS how is a technician supposed to work on that? The bolt battery is 1000 lbs and is already at the limit of our equipment at the shop. Our lifting table is rated for 1700lbs. they expect dealers to buy another larger one? Not to mention buying a forklift that can lift 3000 lbs on long forks without tipping.
This is one aspect I hadn't even thought of. Damn.

This sounds like a very GM move

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
FFS how is a technician supposed to work on that? The bolt battery is 1000 lbs and is already at the limit of our equipment at the shop. Our lifting table is rated for 1700lbs. they expect dealers to buy another larger one? Not to mention buying a forklift that can lift 3000 lbs on long forks without tipping.

You work at a GM dealer, you should know GM doesn't give a fuck about who and how to fix their shitty vehicles :bowrofl:

Reactions: The Beast

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
You work at a GM dealer, you should know GM doesn't give a fuck about who and how to fix their shitty vehicles :bowrofl:
I’m just saying it’s already sketchy at 1000lbs lifting huge batteries into crates with an engine hoist. Now you’re talking about a battery the weight of a small car from the 90s. Somebody is going to get hurt

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
The 100k plus truck that only multimilliionaires buy... not strategic at all. i don't get it.

GM needs to focus.
Very simple reason for that. They don’t have the battery manufacturing capacity yet to make cheap cars. Use those batteries and make 2 cheap cars? Or make 1 really expensive car that has impressive specs?

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I’m just saying it’s already sketchy at 1000lbs lifting huge batteries into crates with an engine hoist. Now you’re talking about a battery the weight of a small car from the 90s. Somebody is going to get hurt
Wait till some one drops one of those motherfuckers and starts a lithium fire in the shop.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

i mean, likely a 5k forklift will do it just fine.

the other situations.... ehhhh :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info