• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

GM Vortec 8100

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
I drove one for about 2 years, best truck I've ever owned. My father also used it to tow his 28 foot boat. I suggest you get a pick up and not the avalanche. The Avalanche did not come with the Allison transmission, but the pick ups did. Makes a huge difference. Also I did average 11mpg towing or not lol.

nick122590

TCG Elite Member
Jul 10, 2011
IOWA
if I wasnt stuck on ls powered vehicles I would have found my truck with an 8.1 and Allison.
my buddy has the same truck as me with it and it does tow like a champ. he put long tubes on it with straight pipes literally going straight back from each header. its the only vehicle ive ever liked straight piped. rumbles like a damn Harley at low rpms

Wolfman

TCG Elite Member
Jul 6, 2010
Evans Mills, New York
The 8.1 has LSx style heads and the LSx firing order. ;-) it's like an LSx big block!

I found 2 local ones. An avalance for 9500 and a 3500 dually for 11.4k

Both have 120k miles

ne7y4epa.jpg
aruja4yg.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info