đź“° Auto News GM To Officially Kill Saturn Brand, Most Of Pontiac

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
IM gonna go against the grain, and suggest that Pontiac end here.
I like the G8 and Solstice variations, but those dont make a division. GM is $170 Billion in the red, so they cant afford to make an entire division of enthusiast machines like Pontiac needs.

Turn the clock back to 2000. They had the Grand Am GT, Grand Prix GTP, Bonneville SSEI,and Trans am/Formulae in any combination to suit your need for speed .

Today its G8 , Solstice, G6 GXP and crickets.None of those cars are below $26K, and GM's resale is so weak its foolish to buy brand new when you loose $2000 just driving off the lot.

Since the General cant afford to restore the division to its earlier self, let it end.

Can I haul off and kick you in the nuts now?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
IM gonna go against the grain, and suggest that Pontiac end here.
I like the G8 and Solstice variations, but those dont make a division. GM is $170 Billion in the red, so they cant afford to make an entire division of enthusiast machines like Pontiac needs.

Turn the clock back to 2000. They had the Grand Am GT, Grand Prix GTP, Bonneville SSEI,and Trans am/Formulae in any combination to suit your need for speed .

Today its G8 , Solstice, G6 GXP and crickets.None of those cars are below $26K, and GM's resale is so weak its foolish to buy brand new when you loose $2000 just driving off the lot.

Since the General cant afford to restore the division to its earlier self, let it end.

pontiac... is... ending.... tho?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
and solstices are cheaper than 26k...

21k...

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...ional&paId=292772776&recnum=0&leadExists=true

you're just silly if you think g8 gt's should be under 26k as well.. ( you can get a v6 right around 26k if you want to still hold your argument.)

heres a new g8 gt for right around 30k

what new car can you get that runs mid 13s, is rwd, and is right around 30k?

new g8s are bargains.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...ional&paId=292772776&recnum=0&leadExists=true

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
the problem with pontiac, is that they have been making cars that car guys want... not the general retarded public... as this review states...

"Don't buy this car if you're taller than six feet. The driving position is a cross between a 70s Fiat and a middle ages touture rack. The wipers are useless in moderate snow. The deiceing function ignores the outside mirrors, and remember to brush the snow off the top of the driver's door or you'll have a damp butt all the way to work. To top it off the sound system reminds me of the radio I had in a 1961 Corvair. Maybe I should have purchased another Chrysler 300C."
mind you the car is an amazing little ride, but the radio, the fact that the roof doesn't remove snow from it self and windshield wiper blades ruined it for this pussy. :hsugh:

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
what has pontic ever had since the 60's? i mean the last 20 years have been crap from themm, less the GTO and the G8 (which i am not even a fan of- but it would be nice to see a model in chevy badges... Caprice anybody?) i mean Grand am's and Grand Prix's are fine cheap cars, but with the exception of the GTP supercharged.... they are a sad excuse for a "performance division vehicle"

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Exactly!! Grandpa doesnt want these new fancy Buicks they are building nowadays. 35K-40K+ for a Buick is rediculous, thats why there is Cadillac!! If grandpa is a baller then he buys a Cadillac.

Bringing back the Century would be a great success. 75R sidewalls, dynaride, comfortable bench seats with foldable front middle seat for one of the grand children to sit in. Easy to use radio and manual HVAC controls. Keep the price around ~20K new.

Grandpa doesnt need those "blinding" HID headlights that old people absolutely hate anyway. No need for 60lbs of guady chrome trim around the entire car. Simplicity is the key to success.

thank god somebody else understands! Old people are disgusting, they want that cloth bench seat so they can put their chair cushion on it, and their cut up carpet remnants on the floor. then they can pee a little in the cushion and get the car all full of that old person smell without worrying about the auto climate control hepa filter remove it... i wish i was joking but i am not, and anybody who has ever worked at a buick dealership would tell you the same.

oh yea and the easy to use radio u speak of, it needs a tape player, in fact it should just be the old concert sound II, to go along with that dynaride

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
IMHO buick needs a cheap car to be brought back for the older people that do not have tons of money. If the old people have money they will buy a caddy and rock that. It seems that caddy is turning into a performance division and that is cool, but that is what pontiac is for. Pontiac needs a couple cheaper cars that looks sporty, just like the Grand AM GT. There were millions of those things on the road. I think I still see more Grand AMs then the replacement G6. The G6 has not sporty apperance that pontiac needs, its bland, typical GM bullshit. The Impala needs to look better and not so much like a bland piece of shit, the malibu is a excellent car. The Equinoix? I have never drove a bigger pile of garbage, what a horrible put together crossover or whatever the hell its called. Saturn, Hummer, and Sabb need to go away. You would think that GM would learn the Ford mistake. Ford took the Tauras and renamed the Five Hundred, i think they sold like 500 of those cars. GM did the same shit and started renaming and rebadging shit and now they can't sell any of them. The general public is used to a Cavlier or Grand AM, not a Colbalt or a G6. People do not like buying the first year cars because they think of problems, and GM made that whole concept even worse by changing names. When you change the name of a car you think of it as a whole new car, not just a redesign. People are like, "well my Grand AM was a good car and i would like to get another but I dunno about the new G6. I am probably going to stay away from that." The G8 is a bad ass car and it is a bargin, but GM is late with everything and people do not want a car like that right now. If the G8 was the replacement Grand Prix back in the 04 model change it would have been a great seller.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Dear [redacted]:

From our very beginning, Saturn has always sought a better way. We pioneered no-hassle, no-haggle shopping, built dent-resistant cars, set a new benchmark for customer service and forged a unique relationship with our retailers, workers and customers. From the beginning, Saturn was launched as a "Different Kind of Car Company."

Well, here we go again.

You may have read that General Motors delivered a plan to the U.S. government that outlined the corporation's plan for long-term viability.In that plan, GM stated that Saturn would work with its retailers to investigate options for the future of the Saturn Brand. We said that all ideas were on the table and we meant it.

Today, we confirmed that Saturn and GM would further investigate one of those options: a spin-off of an independent Saturn Distribution Corporation.

The Saturn Distribution Corporation already exists as an indirect subsidiary of GM. It's the entity with which our retailers currently have their franchise agreement. An independent Saturn would still have its great retailers, and it would continue to source current products from GM through 2011. If successful, SDC at that point would source products from other manufacturers.

The goal-from a product perspective-would be to find future vehicles that match the Saturn Brand: fuel-efficient, safe, reliable and affordable. From a retailing perspective, we would build on our core strength of unmatched customer service. The same hassle-free experience that is a hallmark of the brand could be taken to even higher levels.

While this process proceeds, we will continue to do what we have always done best: sell great vehicles and take care of our customers. We have a fresh portfolio of award-winning, fuel-efficient vehicles and a network of retailers that is second to none. And our new vehicles are still backed by a 100,000-mile/5-year (whichever comes first) Transferable Powertrain Limited Warranty. When you add Roadside Assistance and Courtesy Transportation programs, we believe it is the industry's best overall coverage. It is coverage that GM and Saturn will continue to firmly stand behind, and GM will support the continued availability of Saturn parts and service as needed.

This is an exciting time at the Saturn Brand, and I have to confess, it feels a bit like it did back in the 1980s when the original Saturn project was being developed. As loyal Saturn owners and enthusiasts, I know you support this brand, and you can believe we are working toward a vibrant future. Difficult times sometimes yield the most innovative solutions, and those who are willing to take on the challenge will emerge victorious. Stay tuned.

Sincerely,

Jill Lajdziak
General Manager, Saturn

an email saturn's manger sent out

one of the comments was gold tho :rofl:

The next thing we will see is the shamwow guy selling Saturns on TV,
"You know those people in Kentucky make great stuff"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info