• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

GM tech

rocco

Addict
Jan 19, 2012
Aurora, IL
I have never used 4-low. Previous owner maybe had.

No it was not. Only thing I didn't change were the wheels. Those were on the truck when I purchased it.

I bought the truck from Naperville Toyota on February, 1 2014. That's when I bought the warranty. It is a bumper to bumper warranty. 4/48,000. I am hesitant with taking the truck to Dan wolf Chevy for the repair(this is where Toyota takes it when I bring it in for warranty claims since they own both dealers). The service advisors are not the nicest to deal with.

If the service writers are being dicks to you, ask to speak with the service manager and explain this to him. You should never have to be afraid how someone treats you, when you are giving them business. If that doesn't work, go above his head and talk with the general manager of the store.

I always believed in getting your vehicle serviced where you bought it from. That dealer should be happy to have your business on both ends.

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Oct 7, 2008
Darien, Illinois
Real Name
Kenny
Sorry for the late reply, just got out of the hospital.

I have taken it to the dealer where I bought it, but they won't work on it. They take it across the street to the Chevy dealer. I bought it at Naperville Toyota.

Yeah I know I have to go into neutral first. It didn't work. I even tried going into 4-high then doing a very slow crawl and shifting to 4-low. Nothing worked. I know the shift solenoid is working cause I can hear it. But the tcase won't engage 4-low. I'll try and take a video. Maybe I'm an idiot and still doing something wrong. This is my first 4x4.

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Oct 7, 2008
Darien, Illinois
Real Name
Kenny
As a final update. I guess it's score one for me! Jack Phelan Chevrolet replaced my transfer case under the GM power train warranty. They gave me a bit of hassle saying it's due to the lift kit (obviously bullshit), but they did a courtesy for me since my brother works for the company. So I got her back today and now all is well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info