đź“° Auto News GM recalling 1.4 million passenger cars over potential engine fires

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
this will be good for business

actually for us it is because when we bring in all these cars that normally wouldnt come to the dealership for work, we can tell them about all the stuff thats wrong with their car... then they usually say "well ive been taking it to xxxxxx for years! he always takes care of me!" thats when we say "well he must not have been taking care of you too well because your intake manifold is leaking like a sieve, your steering shaft is binding and your water pump is leaking everywhere." "sounds like xxxxxx was taking care of himself cuz he wants your car to break down and be undrivable so you HAVE to fix it!"

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Can I get a credit for this recall lol.

my neighbor is a gm tech... and when i took my car in... he just gave me the parts since i already did it... and now i dont get anything from gm

ive done like 100 of those... they just replace that wire retainer with the finger style retainer

like this...

cept it isnt even the problem...

I keep getting the notices to have the GTX repaired....I wounder what they would think if I rolled it into the dealership?

i did it for mine... but was there with my car, and told them i already replaced the shit.

I just got another one in the mail today for the SC '97...probably since I havent called or taken it in yet..

you can say that it was already fixed... gm is just covering their asses by sending you shit tons of shit...

i still find it hard to believe that it's the VC'rs....anyone who's walked through a junkyard knows the majority of the SC/NA 3800 fire damage isnt in the front of the motor....

hell i have like 50+ pics of burn victims....i should post em all lol

exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxactly.

i love that there are quite a few cars that have gone up even after this "genius" fix...

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
i still find it hard to believe that it's the VC'rs....anyone who's walked through a junkyard knows the majority of the SC/NA 3800 fire damage isnt in the front of the motor....

hell i have like 50+ pics of burn victims....i should post em all lol

Have you seen that Dale Earnhardt edition Monte that's covered in Nascar stickers at the Aurora yard? It died a similar death.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info