GM Part #19210071 - How do I get one?

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
So let me get this straight dealership has car for over 6 months and says they cant get a pcm but they are available through rockauto?

Sounds like great dealership!.............:rofl:

LOL...they are not available through Rock Auto...they inadvertently had them on the site, but when I called they said not in stock and probably will never have stock again.

From what I can tell over a few days of searching...there is one guy in Spicer MN and one guy in Westchester NY that has bought up all the supply of these things. Guy in Spicer seems to be a junk yard, guy in NY seems to be a performance shop.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
It's not available at Rock Auto either.

Also, the one on RA, if it were available, was a refurb. And sometimes GM can get sketchy on refurbed electronics. Particularly if the vehicle is in warranty, which I doubt this is, but still...

It sounds like if it truly is a PCM, that something internal is fried, broken or cracked and no amount of programming will fix it.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
It's not available at Rock Auto either.

Also, the one on RA, if it were available, was a refurb. And sometimes GM can get sketchy on refurbed electronics. Particularly if the vehicle is in warranty, which I doubt this is, but still...

It sounds like if it truly is a PCM, that something internal is fried, broken or cracked and no amount of programming will fix it.

Definitely no warranty...my old man is the original owner from 2005 and hasn't bought any kind of extended warranty on it. Its actually been mostly a solid car up until this.

Apparently this part is housed inside the wheel well and ends up getting damaged from moisture.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Now I’m not sure this will work for you but back in 07 I bought an 06 supercharged Grand Prix and wanted to tune it but no one had cracked the pcm yet, I ended up swapping out the pcm for an 04 to test my theory that it would work and it did, so I bought an 05 used pcm out of an identical car and had a company do a custom tune on it worked fine and I ran the car like that for many years

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I worry when a mechanic says it needs a new ECM. They rarely go bad, and when the do, it's obvious. No check engine light, scan tool won't talk to it, etc.

Bad ECM = I can't figure out what's wrong, so lets change the most expensive part.

I get this for sure. But reading on Corvette forum this afternoon...there seems to be a good amount of people with this exact issue (car shuts off within 40 minutes of driving) and they all seem to say it was fixed with a new ECM.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info