GM Merger with Ford looks more Likely

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
While GM may have a future as a standalone car company over the next decade, Ford does not. Its market cap is down 42% over the past five years, while GM's is close to flat. The savings in a combination would be well into the billions of dollars. A marriage of the two also could compete effectively with Toyota, VW and perhaps the new Fiat Chrysler and Renault combo. GM also has the advantage that it is considered to make among the most dependable American cars.

:ford:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
LS swaps are played out but they fucking work. Elon could save billions and stop the losses.

-last line of the OPs article

tcg's blind ferdswinger faithful:

giphy.gif

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
GM and Ford are going to combine, in an effort to provide the worst dealership experience on the planet. Service costs will increase 30%, fat baby boomer salespeople from separate predecessor companies will fistfight on the daily, Sierra vs F150 arguments will turn bloody.

Half the reason my last two vehicles were fords is because I could buy them from Gomez in like 5 minutes..will not set foot in a ford or GM dealer as a regular dude off the street. Lol

For real though, I'd honestly never considered this. I guess it does make sense. There'd be a huge savings in administrative costs i'm sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info