GM Merger with Ford looks more Likely

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
MSN with the most cilckbait article of 2019.

OP
Bub

Bub

Pitter Patter
Donating Member
Reaction score
"While GM may have a future has a standalone car company, Ford does not"

Oof

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
While GM may have a future as a standalone car company over the next decade, Ford does not. Its market cap is down 42% over the past five years, while GM's is close to flat. The savings in a combination would be well into the billions of dollars. A marriage of the two also could compete effectively with Toyota, VW and perhaps the new Fiat Chrysler and Renault combo. GM also has the advantage that it is considered to make among the most dependable American cars.
:ford:

EmersonHart13

AKA Emerballs & Emerstaxxx
Donating Member
Reaction score
Tesla will buy them both.

Heard it here first.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
and then just end them all. throw out the name rights and flip the bird to the world.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Elon probably wants to LS swap his fleet
i mean, if he was as smart as [MENTION=396]Mike K[/MENTION] thinks he is, he'd do what's right here.

EmersonHart13

AKA Emerballs & Emerstaxxx
Donating Member
Reaction score
LS swaps are played out but they fucking work. Elon could save billions and stop the losses.

GM also has the advantage that it is considered to make among the most dependable American cars.
-last line of the OPs article

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
GM and Ford are going to combine, in an effort to provide the worst dealership experience on the planet. Service costs will increase 30%, fat baby boomer salespeople from separate predecessor companies will fistfight on the daily, Sierra vs F150 arguments will turn bloody.

Half the reason my last two vehicles were fords is because I could buy them from Gomez in like 5 minutes..will not set foot in a ford or GM dealer as a regular dude off the street. Lol

For real though, I'd honestly never considered this. I guess it does make sense. There'd be a huge savings in administrative costs i'm sure.

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
LS mustangs from the factory!!!!

For real though, in for a ecoboost Silverado.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
That's what Ford gets for installing a furniture salesman as their CEO, and dumping all of their cars...
That was a dumb move. A car manufacturer that doesn't make cars.
Yep, a winning strategy for sure.

Marko

Reaction score
Dodge owns their asses with their Scat Pack Charger and Challengers. For the price. Ford and Chevy can’t compete with the 392 Hemi. :burnout:

Marko

Reaction score
Seriously though.

Most new and used car, SUV and trucks are too expensive too

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
But that is only a small, niche part of the market. Not everyone buying vehicles is looking for Scat Packs and other 392 equipped performance vehicles.

Most are just looking for a mobile appliance to get them from point A to point B.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Dodge owns their asses with their Scat Pack Charger and Challengers. For the price. Ford and Chevy can’t compete with the 392 Hemi. :burnout:
New Mustang is faster in basically every measurable category than a scat pak, no?

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
New Mustang is faster in basically every measurable category than a scat pak, no?
So is the camaro. I think they're all basically a driver's race in a straight line, anything else the challenger scat loses.

Marko

Reaction score
But that is only a small, niche part of the market. Not everyone buying vehicles is looking for Scat Packs and other 392 equipped performance vehicles.

Most are just looking for a mobile appliance to get them from point A to point B.
I know I’m just messing with you guys. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom