đź“° Auto News GM Makes $1,500 OnStar Subscription Mandatory on GMC, Buick, Cadillac

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
my phone barely fit in my '19 sierra... it also baaaaarely fits in my navigator.

whereas honda accord's wireless pad could fit a fuckin' samsung note im pretty sure

Both our Hyundais have basically the same charger but one faces forward and one back. Plenty of room for a bigger phone too

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
my phone barely fit in my '19 sierra... it also baaaaarely fits in my navigator.

whereas honda accord's wireless pad could fit a fuckin' samsung note im pretty sure
GM trucks and SUVs were a disaster with wireless charging. I had a cheat sheet of all the phones that wouldn’t work due to size, or because the charger was so weak it couldn’t ping the phone to start charging.

Reactions: Mr_Roboto

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
GM trucks and SUVs were a disaster with wireless charging. I had a cheat sheet of all the phones that wouldn’t work due to size, or because the charger was so weak it couldn’t ping the phone to start charging.

well especially when they were on the center console top... that was complete shit.

the one in my 19 worked fine.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
What's interesting is if you look online the Onstar Connected service only costs $25/mo which is $300/year vs $1500 for 3 years with them "bundling" it.

The service includes HD video streaming, I think I'd end up trying to figure out a way to fuck with that and stream as much data as humanly possible to be a dick. This is nothing more than usery by GM to get people to pay for shit they'll never use.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info