Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
General Motors has announced a new incentive program that it hopes will encourage people to enter the car buying market again. Called GM Total Confidence, the program has four prongs that includes Payment Protection if you lose your job, equity assistance if you trade in your vehicle later for another one from GM, one year of OnStar and the automaker's 5-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty. We're already familiar with the last two components of GM's Total Confidence program, so let's focus on the first two.

GM's payment protection program is much like Hyundai's Assurance Program in that the automaker will cover your payments in the event that you lose your job. GM's program covers you for 24 months and will make up to nine payments valued at up to $500/month. According to GM, if you qualify for state unemployment benefits, you'll qualify for the payment protection to kick in.

The last element of GM's Total Confidence incentive program is equity assistance, or what GM calls Vehicle Value Protection. This part of the program will cover the difference between what you owe on your vehicle and its NADA Clean Retail Value when you trade it in for another GM vehicle. The idea is to wipe out any negative equity caused by vehicle depreciation when you move on to your next car.

The GM Total Confidence incentive program begins tomorrow, April 1 and runs through April 30, 2009, though could be extended if it works and sales go up. You'll be seeing marketing for the program during the Final Four as well, so keep your eyes open.

400px-Logo-autoblog-com.gif

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
They need to increase the warranty to 10 year 100,000 mile like Hyundai, that would really boost sales I think. I don't like Hyundais but have considered purchasing one on multiple occasions as a daily just because of the warranty

:werd:......

I mean 10 years is hella long to not have to worry about shit, they even cover the light bulbs:dunno:

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
but realisticallt these days u dont need ten years to reach 100,000 miles, my dad did it in his 03 silverado in about 4-5 years, i do think they need to up it, but only to like 7, the only cars GM really sells that would need 10 yrs are corvettes and stuff because those are typically summer/weekend drivers

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
They need to increase the warranty to 10 year 100,000 mile like Hyundai, that would really boost sales I think. I don't like Hyundais but have considered purchasing one on multiple occasions as a daily just because of the warranty

especially with that Assurance + thing they have going on. They pay your first 3 months payment if you lose your job, and if you don't find anything within that time you can turn the car back in scot free? Shooooooot. Genesis anyone?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info