GM High-Tech Performance Gains 30 FWHP with 2009 Cobalt SS Tune

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
:eek:
Their tuner used HPTuners. I'm sure the Cobalt guys see this as ordinary but this is downright impressive with just a tune on a stock car.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/tech/0907gmhtp_2009_chevy_cobalt_ss_ecu_tuning/index.html

The final tally with more boost and timing is an impressive 278 whp (5,600 rpm) and 300 wtq (3,000 rpm), far greater than our baseline of 248 whp and 251 wtq. That works out to a gain of 30 whp and 49 wtq. The peak gains are one thing, but also check out some areas under the curve, which are 50-60 whp better than stock.

0907gmhtp_20_z+chevy_cobalt_ss_ecu_tuning+horsepower_gains.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
30 WHP typical? I dunno that's kind of high to be considered typical IMO. Wasn't that in last months issue?

Issue? Print? Magazine? What's that?

Other turbo and direct injected engines respond ridiculously well to tuning so I'm not too surprised about the gains. Just awesome considering this thing is priced so cheaply and responds so well to mods.

Waiting on the SRI from ClearImage Automotive to come out and the new map sensors from GM if it ever comes out.

they just released it going for $195 if i remember i think they might have a GB on cobaltss.net im looking to get this and the trifecta tune also but i might have to go with the gm stage kit or nothing while im at school to keep up the warranty

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info