GM High-Tech Performance Gains 30 FWHP with 2009 Cobalt SS Tune

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
:eek:
Their tuner used HPTuners. I'm sure the Cobalt guys see this as ordinary but this is downright impressive with just a tune on a stock car.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/tech/0907gmhtp_2009_chevy_cobalt_ss_ecu_tuning/index.html

The final tally with more boost and timing is an impressive 278 whp (5,600 rpm) and 300 wtq (3,000 rpm), far greater than our baseline of 248 whp and 251 wtq. That works out to a gain of 30 whp and 49 wtq. The peak gains are one thing, but also check out some areas under the curve, which are 50-60 whp better than stock.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
30 WHP typical? I dunno that's kind of high to be considered typical IMO. Wasn't that in last months issue?

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
Its still stock. :mamoru:

OP
Bru

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
30 WHP typical? I dunno that's kind of high to be considered typical IMO. Wasn't that in last months issue?
Issue? Print? Magazine? What's that?

Other turbo and direct injected engines respond ridiculously well to tuning so I'm not too surprised about the gains. Just awesome considering this thing is priced so cheaply and responds so well to mods.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bought it for a plane ride. It's on something they call... paper.

OP
Bru

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Whoa

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Reaction score
yea those things are ridiculous with so little, i remember last year hahn had one with an intake, cat back, and tune, it was in the low 13's at around 110

Rebel

Reaction score
Tunes are the single most bang for buck mod out there for cobalts. Trifecta has been busting out tuned cobalts one after the other with around 310 whp and 340 wtq with only a tune. I probably should get off my ass and get one.

Shibby50

Reaction score
Tunes are the single most bang for buck mod out there for cobalts. Trifecta has been busting out tuned cobalts one after the other with around 310 whp and 340 wtq with only a tune. I probably should get off my ass and get one.
Yeah you should get on that with a intake and cat-back then run altiery again :noes:

Rebel

Reaction score
I hit 13s the other day... Just had to get used to driving at the track.

Altiery54

Reaction score
seems about right.

same thing for the SS/SC... my car... GTOs...
Not even close:rofl: A stock ss s/c thats tuned MIGHT pick up10whp tops! But then again via tuning they can up boost we have to swap pulleys

dabears954

Reaction score
Waiting on the SRI from ClearImage Automotive to come out and the new map sensors from GM if it ever comes out.
they just released it going for $195 if i remember i think they might have a GB on cobaltss.net im looking to get this and the trifecta tune also but i might have to go with the gm stage kit or nothing while im at school to keep up the warranty

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom