đź“° Auto News Gm gets loan for $9.4B

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
copypaste from cobaltss.net where i saw it -

Not sure if this is like a quadruple repost or not, but today GM and Chrysler were given approval for a total $17.4B loan. 9.4 for GM right now, 4 for Chrysler right now, and 4 left over for when they need it. Ford didnt want any money.

Terms of the loan. http://www.treasury.gov/press/releases/hp1333.htm

Lotsa pretty neat stuf in their.......million dollar salary caps, no bonuses, commintments to show how they are gonna meet fuel economy and emissions standards due by 2/17/09.....good reading

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
But Al gore said it is happening, it must be true:hsugh:

nature puts out the green house gases on its own, the planet naturally changes, but hey, if we can blame it on "Evil Corporations" why not.....:picard:

Here, read this article, lots of good info:

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/columns/c_d_columns/c_mon_everybody_let_s_blame_cars_column

The average human exhales about 2.2 pounds of CO2 every day. Mother Nature is an even bigger emitter. If you add up all of man's CO2-producing activities — all of our combustion and brewing and baking, all of our Weber kettles and weed whackers and Mosquito Magnets, plus all of our ranting, raving, and fulminating — we generate only about 1/30th of Mother Nature's output. Decay is her big thing. She invented the compost pile. When formerly living organisms die and decompose, they give off CO2.

It's hard to imagine a compound more natural than CO2. Animals breathe it out, plants breathe it in. No one leaves home without it. Indeed, no one leaves this earthly existence without making a final contribution of it to the atmosphere as we return to the dust from which we started.

Last edited:

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
I'm all for better fuel economy and using less of a finite fuel. But can we do without all these fucking air bags and such? Reduced weight without having to use exotic materials will help every aspect of the cars.

Just my .02. I drive a PT so safety really isn't a high selling point for me on cars.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
I'm all for better fuel economy and using less of a finite fuel. But can we do without all these fucking air bags and such? Reduced weight without having to use exotic materials will help every aspect of the cars.

Just my .02. I drive a PT so safety really isn't a high selling point for me on cars.

Aluminum used to be an "Exotic Material" to car manufacturing, look at Carbon fiber, all is relative, if they start using anything, it will be produced on such a scale that it will come down in price rapidly and be less "exotic"

In reality there are only two ways for them to meet the 35mpg CAFE ratings

1. All vehicles are a hybrid system
2. All vehicles will be light, look at the mid and late 80's Hondas, they got 40+ mpg, cause they weighed 1800lbs, weight is such a huge factor, and it always seems to be overlooked

Spicy McHaggiz

The Gangs All Here!
Oct 6, 2007
Hampton, VA

nature puts out the green house gases on its own, the planet naturally changes, but hey, if we can blame it on "Evil Corporations" why not.....:picard:

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/columns/c_d_columns/c_mon_everybody_let_s_blame_cars_column

lol.

I wonder what the idiots are thinking with this colder then avg winter and snow in Las Vegas, Malibu, and even Louisiana as of late? :hsugh:

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.

Only 1/30th? Think about the amount of 'nature' covering the earth and think about how much humans occupy. Considering the difference, humans accounting for 1/30th of the CO2 produced is quite large. To say that we don't have a significant contribution to airborne pollutants (including natural gasses such as CO2) is just ignorant.

I'm also not into the whole global warming bullshit, but I am all for doing what we can to prevent making things worse than they need to be. I'll agree that some of the most recently proposed CAFE regulations and emissions standards are absurdly drastic given the amount of time manufacturers have to meet them, but higher standards are most definitely necessary.

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
LET'S CONTINUE TO GIVE AWARDS FOR EPIC FAILURE! Al Gore is a clown. There are reports that show both growth and loss of the polar ice caps. I don't think we should destroy our atmosphere, but a lot of todays cars put out cleaner air than what went into them in the first place!

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
you guys are dumb, I was being sarcastic, I was making that comment because I am completely against all of the bailouts. Goldman Sachs was just found to be using their bailout money to pay bonuses. Im so happy our government thinks they are the end all solution to everything.

You are dumb for no knowing anything about economics... :hsugh:

bluzohh6

The system works
Jul 2, 2007
Elgin, IL
really economics of bailing out our economy? didn't realize it entailed paying out bonuses. have you ever had an econ class? finance classes, other than at some community college? Doubt it so shut it. Good thing you think you have some perfect understanding of a topic you hear about on the news. Next asshole please

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info