• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

GM cluster repair

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
What's the cluster doing? In my Escalade I had an issue where all the gauges would lose power. It was just a couple chip resistors I had to resolder. The LEDs aren't bad to do, I put red ones in mine. Just don't do it to the turn signals and cruise control like I did. Still need to buy a few white LEDs and fix that.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
What's the cluster doing? In my Escalade I had an issue where all the gauges would lose power. It was just a couple chip resistors I had to resolder. The LEDs aren't bad to do, I put red ones in mine. Just don't do it to the turn signals and cruise control like I did. Still need to buy a few white LEDs and fix that.

my indicators all seem to work.

speedo & tach work

fuel, oil, temp, battery, & trans do not

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
i fucked it all up.

bought a stepper motor kit off amazon and pulled the cluster yesterday morning to do them all. pretty easy. but , now the tach doesnt work, and all the gauges that didnt work previously now work, but read all wonky.

ill just have to suck it up and make the drive to cicero after all, fuck.

HILROD

TCG Elite Member
Oct 22, 2007
ELGIN
You need to plug the cluster in with the lens off. Then you can turn the ignition on and let the dash cycle. It's easiest to do when the vehicle is cold and reset the needles to zero. I do it lightly as they can be hard to get off. Sadly my own speedo is off and have been too lazy to ever fix it.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
You need to plug the cluster in with the lens off. Then you can turn the ignition on and let the dash cycle. It's easiest to do when the vehicle is cold and reset the needles to zero. I do it lightly as they can be hard to get off. Sadly my own speedo is off and have been too lazy to ever fix it.

yup. did that. tach still took a shit and i dont have any more stepper motors or the patients to play with the alignment of the others.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info