GM 3800 Supercharger kit $500

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
Not really sure if im interested in this or if its even a good deal, but figured Id post here.

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/pts/1649085142.html

For sale I have a super charger,lower intake manifold,cylinder heads,fuel rail,balancer,tensioners,pulleys w/brackets,wiring harness,egr valve,ignition coil/module assembly,crank and cam sensors,map sensor,all intake manifold bolts including bolts to mount super charger and several other bolts to ease installation. This should be a easy to install kit for you grand prix guys to convert your non super charged grand prix to a super charged version. The cylinder heads are the correct super charged ones with the injector holes in the heads.The vacuum harnesses are also there.

Does your trans shift good? If it does I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've got over 140k on my stock engine and trans and if I don't get rid of this car by summer it's getting top swapped just for the hell of it. Transmissions are pretty easy to come across for cheap for these cars now anyways. The top swap kit seems like a good deal, but I'd still make him an offer anyways and see what he says. Remember that you would need to get a tune as well, as well as all the necessary gaskets for the install. Here's a little bit of reading for you: http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=3686059

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Question... was talking to someone about the top swap and he said the bottom half of the motor from my GT compared to the GTP bottom half are different and wouldnt handle the power of the supercharger... thoughts?
it will handle it fine...with some tuning. the higher compression from different rods/pistons is the only difference aside from the flexplate
imho the higher comp keeps the m90 more in it's efficiency range since you dont have to spin it as fast

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
rods are .1inch shorter, piston has more dish and the ring package/compression height is .1inch taller, and the earlier na motors have five window flexplates that are a carryover from the SI motors, while the later NA's and all SC'd have the 3 window flexplate, both are balanced to the same net service balance

Dont really know what any of that means.... but Im guessing everything should be fine?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
You will be fine with a GTP top end and your GT bottom. Lots of people run that combo for more compression and larger pulley thus keeping the M90 spinning slower.

Also, the TTGT bottom was a L67 (GTP) bottom.

Beware of cheap ass "complete top swaps." Ask for pics of everything, or visually inspect the parts before payment. Gen 3 M90s go for more then $100 by themselves, so Id be VERY ehh of the CGP link.

NM, for $100 you get his PCM. LOL. Dont forget to add gaskets and fluids for that as well.

1998gpgt

TCG Elite Member
Apr 25, 2008
Boulder, CO
Beware of cheap ass "complete top swaps." Ask for pics of everything, or visually inspect the parts before payment. Gen 3 M90s go for more then $100 by themselves, so Id be VERY ehh of the CGP link.

He says the setup is running on his car at the moment. So I'd assume that it is complete.:dunno: But yeah, be sure to get pics of everything.

And don't bother with the pcm. All you need to do is take a 99 GTP file and import the 99 GT trans tables. find someone with a powrtuner. done.

1998gpgt

TCG Elite Member
Apr 25, 2008
Boulder, CO
negative. the only wires you will have to touch are in the MAP harness. You will need to splice in the new L67 MAP harness. Or you can pick up an L32 MAP and it will plug right in as is.

You can also wire in the BBV as well, but it is not necessary. You can just run it on vac only with no PCM input.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info